SP: One Shot

Something Phenomenal: One Shot

Note: This one shot contains glimpses of their past that didn't make it to the original story but remain part of Gab and Shane.

Timeline: After Gab's first remission, when she was able to attend university.

Prompt: That one time Shane got drunk.

I miss their tandem. Enjoy reading!

//

Classes are finally over for the day. I grabbed my laptop and things and shoved my headphones in before stepping out of my college building in my Dr. Martens boots, oversize band T-shirt and a peach flowy skirt to match.

My hair is the color of the sunset sky, pink blush. I just had it done the other day and it makes me feel like a main character, humming to an upbeat song while walking in the busy university pathway with no care in the world.

My destination as usual is the engineering building at the other side of  the street, across the main campus. While waiting at the crosswalk with other students, I pulled up my phone to text Shane.

Otw to ur building.
Ur classes done?

Their building, along with the college of architecture, is basically guys' territory because most of the students in this part of the university belongs to the male specie, like a zoo where you can observe animals in their natural environment.

At the gates, three girls from another college were pushing each other, trying to initiate who will step first in the animal territory. I excused myself between them and went straight to Shane's college building. Sa paanan palang, kita ko na ang mga pamilyar na mukha ng mga blockmates niya na palabas ng building.

"Gabriela San Gabriel!" one of them called loudly like a sports announcer.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes. Do boys ever grow up? "Si Shane?" tanong ko.

"May ka-date," joked one of them. I gave him a side-eye.

His blockmates knew so well my purpose for being in their building almost everyday. Shane's my car ride to and from school, even on days when he has no classes.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I forced him to do it. He basically volunteered to be one since I went back to attending school after my remission. And heck, who would missed on the opportunity of not having to commute and pay for gas?

I shoved the boys out of the way to check their classroom for Shane. Before I can call his name with my loud voice, I saw him talking to someone in the empty classroom... to one of the rare girls in their department.

Grinning widely, I peeked from the open doorway. Looks like Shane is finally making a move to someone. Thank God I didn't have to set him up-

"Sorry..."

Huh? Mas nilapit ko ang sarili sa pintuan para makinig. Why is Shane  the one saying sorry? Don't tell me he's the one dumping the girl?

I automatically steered away from the classroom when the girl took her leave. Hah! It's so Shane to receive a school confession like a freaking YA romance novel. I thought he's shining presence and best-boy personality ended in high school, but I guess girls are naturally drawn to people like him.

Bumalik ako sa labas kung saan naka-tambay parin ang ilan sa mga blockmates ni Shane.

"Kita mo na, may date sabi sa'yo eh," one of them commented.

"I wish," I blurted out.

"How about you, Gabriel?" tanong ng isa sa kanila. "You want me to  take you on a date-"