One-Shot : Forgiveness of Aidilfitri

Allahuakbar, allahuakbar...

Here we can hear a very famous Takbir Raya enveloping the calm atmosphere. After a month of fasting, without any food nor water, from sunrise to sunset, the Muslims can celebrate their victory today.

Pulau Rintis' scenery is really breathtaking. As we looked closely through Boboiboy room's window, we can see clearly that it's empty in there. The room is unusually neat and clean. Raya mode maybe?

Downstairs, a few clinking sounds echoed. There, we can see Boboiboy's most loyal partner in crime, Ochobot. It seems like he's alone at home now.

Currently, he's busy scooping and preparing some foods for their Raya celebration. Right now, he's using a medium sized ladle to scoop up some rendang and serve it on the table.

He adjusted the table a little. Placing a few plates, cutleries and glasses. He then flew away and look at the table from the sidelines. He smiled, pleased with his work.

"And that's a wrap!" Ochobot smiled, satisfied. Right after that, the door swung open gently. Ochobot turned his head towards the door to see and greet the newcomers.

"Assalamualaikum..we're back."

Our elemental hero finally decided to appear. He stepped inside the house after taking of his shoes. Tok Aba followed soon after. Boboiboy stepped closer to his best friend before gently patting his head.

"Waalaikumussalam.  How's the Eid Prayer?" Ochobot asked. He smiled, enjoying the gentle attention from his owner as Tok Aba smiled from the sidelines.

"It's great. It's been a while since we can perform our Eid prayer together." Boboiboy flashed a smile to his grandfather who rubbed his head.

Tok Aba looked around the house and noticed that the table's all set up. He looked at Ochobot.

"Did you set up the table?"

"I sure did!"

"Woah, thanks Ochobot. You're awesome!"

"Shall we eat now?" Tok Aba asked his one and only grandson.

Boboiboy nodded energetically. "Sure!"

They sat on their respective seats. While Ochobot poured their drinks for them, Boboiboy helped Tok Aba by putting some ketupats and lemangs in his plate. He passed the plate gently to his beloved grandpa, before choosing a few stuff for his tummy.

After they're all seated, Boboiboy led the prayer recitation. Once he finished it, the grandfather and the boy started to eat their meal.

A question suddenly popped inside Boboiboy's head. He stuffed a mouthful of rendang before turning his attention to his grandfather.

"Tok, will Dad come home? He called us a few weeks ago, saying he'll come home this Raya..right?" He asked, as hope sparkling brightly in his eyes.

Tok Aba stopped his activities. He looked at the young elemental wielder. He's strong and independent, really. But, at that age, he needs love from his parents. From his father.

All Tok Aba could do is only patting his grandson's back with a sad yet comforting smile.

"I'm sorry, Boboiboy. Originally, that's the plan. But, he needs to attend a very important meeting. He can't be here with us today. He called me three days ago. He said that he's sorry cause he can't make it home this year."

Boboiboy's face scrunched into a grumpy one. He huffed loudly. As hope shattered in his eyes, he looked blankly at his almost empty plate.

"Huh...again.. Tok, it's been 5 years..Can't he do something about his work?"