Chapter 16.5: Tyler's Version (bonus chapter)

If the cold air I was walking through didn't kill me, my nerves most definitely would.

A million and one thoughts raced through my mind as I quickly walked toward Addison's apartment building that towered over me. It was daunting and expensive-looking, especially for New York. I knew Addison came from a very well-off family, whereas it was just me and my dad; I just hoped I could impress them. Even though I'd been to his place before, everything felt different now. There was a possibility that we'd someday become something and because of that possibility, I wanted to do everything I could to make them like me.

I welcomed the warm rush that came over me as I entered the gorgeous building. As I walked toward the security desk, I texted Addison to let him know that I was coming up. After I signed in and was given a temporary key fob to operate the elevator, I headed up to Addison's apartment, sweating bullets despite the chill that was still festering within me.

Before long, my shaking legs stopped in front of Addison's apartment door. I sent a text letting him know I was there as I took a few deep breaths to calm my pounding heart.

Don't fuck this up, don't fuck this up... I repeated over and over my head before I heard the low click of the door as it unlocked. My breath hitched in my throat as I wiped my sweaty hands on my pants, prepared to shake hands with one of his fathers if they were the ones behind the door, however, I was met with the soft green eyes that made my knees weak.

"Hey," he gently greeted as his lips pulled up, revealing his gorgeous smile.

"Hey," I returned, instantly hating how soft and timid my voice sounded as it left my lips. "Thanks for inviting me."

"No problem, come in," he invited before he stepped out of the doorway. As soon as I walked in, a pleasant scent wafted into my nose; not too strong, not too light. It was relaxing, though I couldn't put my finger on what exactly it was. I followed him down the hallway as he said, "I'm warning you: my family is insane, so be prepared for that."

I lifted a curious brow at him. Had he forgotten that I'd been here before? "You said that the last time I was here."

"Yeah, but last time you weren't actually with them. Now you are. So be prepared," he said as if it were obvious.

"And I'm warning you: if you don't live up to the standards you set, we're going to have a problem." I meant for the remark to be a light tongue-in-cheek one, however, the way that Addison stopped and looked up at me caused butterflies to fester in my stomach.

"And what are you going to do if I do?" His voice was soft as he spoke, and his gaze met mine through a thick curtain of lashes. He knew exactly what he was doing. He was tempting me.

Yet despite how nervous I was, he pulled out a confidence in me that prompted me to take a step toward him and let me eyes hungrily take him in front top to bottom. I gently gripped his chin, the chin I'd gripped so many times to kiss him, and guided it so he was turned away from me with his neck exposed. I used my free hand to gently skim the skin that I knew harbored my mark that he'd somehow managed to hide with some kind of makeup. He shivered beneath my touch, causing me to grin at him. "I guess you'll have to find out."

He looked up at me with such an innocent wonder that I couldn't deny my body the pull it felt to his. As if feeling it too, his tongue quickly moistened his soft-looking lips. I used one hand to grip his hip and the other to cup his cheek as I gently led him until his back was against the wall. Was I concerned that one of his family members would catch us in this very compromising position? Absolutely. But was I more so concerned with how turned on I was without Addison uttering a single word. No doubt.