Not Yet: Tyler's POV (bonus chapter)

WARNING: This chapter contains mature 18+ content, so read at your own discretion. This is my first mature scene so I hope you enjoy it! Also this is a time skip to events happening after the epilogue.

***

My body was heavy with exhaustion as I rode the elevator up to the apartment.

The sun had long retired below the horizon, yet you wouldn't know it due to the lights that shone brightly from the tall buildings in the windy city. I wanted to do nothing more than lay with my boyfriend and our cat Frittata and watch something stupid on TV to get my mind off of my stressful day.

It had been my first week at my internship working for a local recording studio, Windy Town Sound, though I wasn't doing what I really wanted to do, which was shadowing producers and writers. I was working as a social media intern, taking photos and videos of artists, and pitching posts to garner more hype. The job sounded easy enough, but the delicate balance of being there without being there and distracting the artists or getting them out of their zone was hard. The only good side was that I got to get content of the artists working with producers, so I got to listen in on a few things, but other than that, it was exhausting.

Thank God it was summer and I didn't have classes to worry about.

Before long, a low ding filled the air, indicating that I'd arrived at my floor before the doors lazily slid open. I wasted no time hurrying out before I made my way to the end of the hall, where those I loved waited for me.

I easily unlocked the door and slid into the apartment, tugging off the tie I was wearing as I did so. "Addi? Tesoro, sono a casa (Baby, I'm home)." I kicked my shoes off and placed them in the shoe holder we kept next to the door.

"Sono qui (I'm in here)," he called from deeper in the apartment, likely the living room. Just the sound of his voice relaxed me and made me feel at home.

I walked through the narrow hallway out into the connected kitchen/ living room, and a breath caught in my throat as I took in the scene in front of me. At our small dining room table, Addison had set up a cute dinner for the two of us complete with the atmospheric candles that littered the space, a vase of roses in the middle of the table, and soft instrumental music playing from our smart TV. He was standing over the stove mixing something in a pot wearing a simple dress shirt and slacks that hugged his ass perfectly. His sleeves were rolled up, revealing his tattoo sleeves that were almost completed. His muscles rippled as he moved and I honestly could've stood there all day watching him. By the heavenly smell that hung in the air, I could tell he made my favorite: Tagliatelle alla Bolognese.

Once he heard me, he turned around and a beautiful smile took refuge on his face. Over the past few months, he'd decided to grow out his facial hair, something he'd refused to do from senior year in high school through the middle of sophomore year in college, but now that I've seen him with it, I never wanted him to go back. He looked sexy as hell.

"Hey, baby," he said as I walked over to him before I placed a quick peck on his lips.

"Hey, what's all this?"

He shrugged as he turned back to his work. "Well, you just finished your first week at the studio and I'm beyond proud of you. So, to celebrate, I wanted to spoil you a little bit."

I smiled as I wrapped my arms around him from behind. "Well, I appreciate you, baby. But you didn't have to go through all of this. Some left overs on the couch with you and Fritz would've sufficed."

"But I don't want to suffice, Tyler. I want to excel."

I playfully rolled my eyes. "Okay, okay. Like I said, I appreciate it. Speaking of, where's my baby? He didn't greet me at the door the way he usually does."