Here for You | JR

"Hey Ms. Celine, sorry I missed your calls. I've been trying to get myself situated in this hot house due to this blackout. Is everything alright?" Hazel questions.

  Due to the blackout she was notified to not come into work, which she was grateful to hear because she wasn't feeling the mood to come in today anyway. She wasn't sure exactly what, but something, not only in her gut, but her heart as well was telling her something wasn't right. She brushed it off thinking that maybe it's beginning to be the time of the month for her. But when she received several back to back calls from her best friend's mother she knew then timing of the month wasn't the problem. Something was going on with her best friend.

"I'm not sure honey. H-have you talked to JR?" Her voice filled with concern.

"I texted him earlier asking him about the rain check of our lunch date, but he hasn't answered back. Why you ask?"

"My Gosh," Celine mumbles to herself. "I know it's impossible tonight, but early tomorrow morning can you go over and check on him? Damon just called Jessie Sr and said that he was worried about him, but he wouldn't say what was going on. We've tried calling him, but our calls go unanswered."

"Sure, you know it's no problem. You two haven't tried going to his frat house, or the dormitory?"

Celine took a minute to respond. For a moment Hazel wasn't sure if she was still on the phone until she heard her clear her throat.

"N-no we haven't. We wanted to see if you guys could talk to him before we made the trip to do so."

"Okay. I'll try to call him tonight then go to the house tomorrow since I'm off and don't have any classes of my own."

"Thank you so much Hazel."

"It's no problem Ms. Celine."

As stated Hazel called her best friend last night just as soon as she ended the call with his mother, and unexpectedly received no answer. Now she was okay with her text messages going unanswered, but as for her calls that was a problem. She continued to try again, left voicemails, and even voice messages. When her good deed for the night didn't succeed she went to sleep and tried again the next morning. Soon as she was sent straight to voicemail, she was closing her car door and backing out of her driveway. Stopping at a stop sign she connects her phone to the Bluetooth's system so she could try calling him again. Just like last night call went unanswered.

"Damnit J! You better not have done anything stupid!" She grumbles to herself as she continues to drive.

Figuring that calling him again would be a waste, she decides to call someone else. Someone who is close to her and JR. The phone rings two times before she's met with a sleepy, annoyed tone.

"Bitch, if you are calling to schedule another hair appointment when I just fixed you up, I am going to start checking the ninjas you let run their paws through it, because why are you calling me?"

"Uh first off hello to you too, Nathanial. I'm fine. How are you love bug?"

"Exhausted and I'm about to hang up."

"Wait wait before you do, I do have a serious question. It's about JR," she sighs. "Have you seen him?"

"I did yesterday during the blackout. It's a blessing that I consider him family otherwise BU was going to have their first blackout fight."

As she waits on the light Hazel's brows scrunch up together, "say what?"

"Girrrrl, you know I've never tried to fight JR and he's never tried to disrespect me."

"Yeah I know. He's always looked out for you just like he looks me and Keisha. And I imagine that he does the same for Professor Patterson's niece, Simone."

"Correct, but Haze, next time he gets smart with me and snatches away from me when I'm trying to talk to him, I'm going to forget who he is and what he's going through."

"What is he going through, Nate?"

Nathanial sighs as she sits up in the bed, "Haze that is something I cannot tell you my love. Only he can. I will say this though, fuss at him with love and be there for him as much as you can."

"I always am, Nathanial."

"I know that, but really be here for him. Are you on your way to go see him?"

"Yeah. I actually am. I'll talk to you later when I finish up with him."

"Okay."

The call disconnects and Hazel sighs after she puts her car in park. She tries to call him again, and as usual she's met with the voicemail. However this time she is unable to leave a voicemail. She throws her crossbody purse over her and steps out of her car. On the way to the door she sees one of JR's frat brothers, Joshua leaving out. He smiles to greet her.

"What are you doing over here so early girl?" He closes the door and leans over to give her hug.

She accepts it and returns one back.

"I got a call that urged me to check on my overgrown child. Is he in there?"

Joshua looks back before putting his head down, "yeah he is. Haze, I know how you are with him but go easy on him. He's been—"

"Going through something? Yeah I know, which is why I'm here. I was also informed on how he showed his natural born ass. You care to share any more information with me?"

"Nah. I actually got a class I need to be headed to. I'll let J tell you everything you want to know."

"Smart move." She throws over her shoulder before going inside.

Walking inside she spots another brother by the name of Tylin. She spoke and threw up her hand to wave before proceeding to JR's room. She turned the knob and was frustrated to know that it was locked. She thought about bamming her hand against it but didn't want to be a disturbance to the other guys who wasn't awoken just yet. She went back out to where Tylin was and asked him for a bucket of ice and to help pick the lock. Unlike most guys Tylin was down to help. He knew Hazel and knew that whatever reason she needed ice for was a good one.

"Thank you so much Ty."

"No problem. After all the drinks and weed he inhaled last night that ice should do the trick for him."

"Yeah it's going to do something."

She sits the ice bucket down beside her feet, and pulls the cover back from JR. As expected he was asleep in some basketball shorts with no shirt on. Hazel knew once he woke from his slumber she was going to hear a mouthful from him. But she was prepared and didn't care, but he was going to hear a mouthful then some from her. She picks up the bucket and pours the down onto him.

"What the hell?!" JR exclaims, jumping up from the bed.

"Hello to you too Jessie Raymond. We need to talk NOW!"

J's eyes follow Hazel to the door as she sits the bucket down before shooing the other guys away and closing the door.

•••
Excuse any mistakes

🫣 how did I do?

I really wanted to do another AAU story but since I have two too many that I'm already working on, I'm just going to a compilation of stories and see how I do from there. This book include people from All American and All American: Homecoming. And with both shows coming an end soon I think this book will be good to have.

This book will definitely help me when I am having trouble pushing out the stories I already have 🥴

I hope you guys will enjoy this as much as I will enjoy writing. Also I'm not sure how they will react to it but don't y'all share this with the cast. I'm not trying to get sued or seem weird for doing this, it's all just for entertainment purposes! I do not own the AAU cast. Some scenes and episodes will be included in the stories but not fully. I am putting my own twist to it!