Here for You pt2 | JR

"What the hell is wrong with you?" JR and Hazel ask each other just as soon as she shuts the door.

"What do you mean what's wrong with me?" JR question, removing the fallen ice from his bed. "Nothing is wrong with me."

"Oh please if that was true, please tell me why did I have people calling & texting me to come check on you?"

He shrugs his shoulders, "I don't know. Maybe they just want to exaggerate, hell. Tell them stop worrying about me because I'm good."

"One of those people was your mother, J."

He halts his moves as the word mother processes in his mind. "Like I said I'm good, so tell them to stop worrying. And before you leave you can wash my sheets and cover. I gotta go take a shower."

Hazel shakes her head while pushing him back onto the bed.

"Damnit Hazel! These sheets are wet!" He exclaims out.

"Okay? You're not going anywhere until you tell me what's been going on with you."

"Nothing! How many times do I need to tell you that?"

Hazel tilts her head to the side, exhaling.

"Jessie—"

"Aye don't, don't do that." He shakes his head.

"Why not? Apparently that's the only way you'll listen to someone is if they call out your government. I've been knowing you since we were both eight years old, and even since then you've never acted out of character."

"Maybe cause I didn't have a reason to act out of character." He sighs.

"Whatever it is you know you can talk to me."

He releases a non amusing laugh, "it's funny how a lot of folks say that, until you need them. Soon as you do, they're nowhere to be found." He looks down at his hands.

"J, when have I ever left you? I am always here for you and you know that. So tell me what's going on."

JR runs his hand down his face and proceeds to give her the rundown for him spiraling out of control; parents divorcing, him blowing up on Nate & Damon, and finding out about Damon being adopted.

"Does the baby in the picture resemble Damon in anyway? You know the picture could be of anyone, J."

JR stands up from his bed, goes over to his table in the corner. He flips open an bible and pulls out a picture.

"You tell me. The baby in the picture has the same scar as him."

Hazel takes ahold of the picture and observes it. Just for clarification, she takes her phone out and goes to a picture that includes Damon. JR chuckles to himself. She looks up at him and just as he said, baby in the picture looks just like their friend.

"Does Damon know about this?"

JR took a second before answering, "no. He made it clear that he didn't want to know anything about his birth parents."

"Sooo because he told you that he doesn't want to know, you're going to withhold possible important information from him? That doesn't make any sense."

"Who said it was supposed to?"

Hazel's head tilts back at the tone of his voice.

"Jessie Raymond—"

"Hazel Lee." He calls out in the same tone as she did.

"Be an ass to everyone else, but to me... let's not, okay?"

"I need to go take a shower."

"Hope you come back with a refreshed attitude."

  She mumbles taking a seat at his desk chair. As he goes to take a shower she analyzes the pictures again. While she befriended JR, she also happened to befriend Damon as well. Her & Damon wasn't as close as her & JR and she didn't know or know of him around the same time period. But when she did get to know him she took notice of the friendship that two had. They looked out for each other like brothers, were always over each other's houses during the summers, and they even argued & fought twice just like brothers. Some people even mistake them for brothers. JR would always try to correct them and after so many times Damon would just nod & say, "yeah that's my brother." The way they act causes Hazel to have the same thought as well.

"What if he is your brother?" Hazel asks JR once he steps into the room.

"What?" He questions.

"Damon, what if he is your brother? Do you think it'll change anything?"

"I don't know."

"Do you think it'll change the way you guys are to each other? Believe it or not J, but you two have always acted liked brothers; from looking out for each other to the arguments. They were all forms of brotherly love."

"I want to say yes then I want to say no. It'll be stupid of me to come to him with this theory after telling him that I-"

"Don't want, have or need a brother." Hazel finishes with him.

J's brows raises at her.

"I guess Damon shared that with Simone and she shared with Nathanial who shared with me. Look you were angry and hurt. Although we shouldn't, but we've all said things we don't mean. You don't mean it, right?"

"Of course I don't mean it. Like you said we are brothers. We've been brothers for years. It's just... without people getting their feelings hurt even more, how do I go about getting the answers to the questions we both want to know? I mean Haze my parents are divorcing. How can I bring something like this up to them?"

"By respectfully and carefully asking the questions that need to be asked. They owe you that. I'm not too sure if Ms. Celine had any knowledge of giving you that bible & knowing that the picture was still inside, but if she did, it might have been her way of getting you to ask questions."

"Could you come with me? My pops may or may not be included in the list of people I hurt with my words last night and actions by quitting the team."

Hazel gasps and hits his stomach, "JR!"

"Aye now."

She exhales and nod, "yes. You know I'm always here for you. Just like you're always here for me."

"I preciate you, Haze."

"Mhmm. Preciate me by taking me out to lunch and stopping by that snow cup place that we both like."

"Hold up, am I just taking you or treating you?"

"Since you just sprung out some new news to me, you're doing both. And I missed breakfast today fooling around with you so that meal bill gonna be a lil heavy bruh. Let's go." She pats his back and walks out before him.

"It shouldn't be that heavy, I'm pretty sure McDonald's still got their dollar menu." He jokes.

"Jessie Raymond Jr!"

"Aye chill out Hazel Marie Lee."

•••
Excuse any & all mistakes

Just a lil some some short & sorta sweet.

If you're into them and not waiting until the shows are completely finished to stream them on Netflix (All American) & HBO Max (All American: Homecoming) don't forget to tune in tomorrow. If I'm not mistaken after tomorrow's airing we'll be at our season finales 😭😭😭 gosh to me it seems like they just came on and now s4 & s1 is ending but fortunately they're renewed for new seasons so there's a plus for that. (🥳👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽)

More one shots & chapters for my other words are in the works and are coming.

Thank you guys for giving my little slow writing a chance. I truly appreciate it 🫶🥰