Rush | Jabrielle

Take it slow, let's not rush into nothin
I will never force you into somethin
Friends with you is all I ever wanna be
I'm just here to give you a new energy
—Tink X Rush

Gabrielle

"I could have sworn the purpose of us having a girls night in was for us to actually be having a girls night in."

I hear Keisha retort, after nudging my shoulder making me misspell a word in the midst of texting.

"Hey!" I exclaim before giggling.

"Hey nothing," Simone starts. "You were the main one complaining about how we never have enough time to spend with each other and yet here you are face deep into your phone. What's got your full undivided attention anyway?"

After hitting send I finally lock my phone and place it down onto my lap and try to contain the smile that's trying to break free.

"Uh it's not a what, more like a whooo." Nate sings before bursting into a laughter.

"Say what?!" Keisha & Simone gasp in unison.

"Uh uh Gabby spill it & spill it now!" Keish demands.

"There's nothing to spill. Nate is just being Nate that's all." I cut my eyes at her as she giggles to herself.

"Oh I'm being Nate alright, Nate the Cupid. Gon head & spill them the tea on Mr. Jessie Raymond Junior bka JRRR."

"JR?!" Keisha & Simone simultaneously exclaim again.

Due to the loudness of their exclaims I quickly look around us to make sure no attention was drawn to us.

"Could you two be any louder? Goodness, yes JR."

"We're—we're sorry, Gab. We're just—" Simone starts before being interrupted by Keisha.

"Shocked as hell. What happened to you guys being just friends?"

"We are just friends. We're just friends who text & talk a lot and occasionally flirt with each other from time to time."

"Ha more like all the time." Nate laughs then catches herself. "Oop was that said aloud? I'm sorry boo." Nate quickly apologizes after I side eye her.

"And Keisha before you start Nate only found out beforehand because while J was in the midst of getting a cut I just so happened to pull up and chill with Nate.

"Mm how heavy the flirtation was I could've sworn that they were two highschool sweethearts falling deeply in love with each other all over again."

"You should really get an A plus for exaggeration, since you do it so well." I sarcastically reply to Nate.

"Thanks boo, you know I try to give the stories I tell some flavor and spice." She winks before laughing & in response I roll my eyes.

"Anyway—"

"Anyway nothing don't try to play it off like the flirtation isn't something. When Cam came over and told me the exchange he saw between you and JR I brushed it off but now I see what the hype was all about it. You know you two would be cute as hell right?"

"That might be Keisha, but what is the point of getting into it something with him, when there's no mutual feelings?"

"Who said there's no mutual feelings?" Simone questions.

"That's what she's saying and has been saying any time someone brings them up. She loves to deny what we all see."

"It's not denying!" I whine out.