Could've Been|Spelivia

Omniscient

Omniscient

"Hey," Spencer softly greets after knocking on the opened bedroom door.

Looking up from her notebook full of notes, Olivia's breath gets caught in her throat. Having the same circle of friends & family, plus similar hangout spots, she knew it would be kinda impossible to "avoid" him, but somehow the avoidance happened anyway. It's officially been a month since they last spoke and seen each other. It was her intentions to reach out to him, but she didn't know what to say or didn't know how it would all turn out. However she was grateful to see him now.

"H-hey," she stammers and mentally facepalms herself.

"C'mon Liv, get it together. No need to be nervous. It's just Spence, your best friend and also ex boyfriend."  She thinks to herself.

"J, let me in on his way out. If he would've told me you were busy then I wouldn't have came by. I should've called first. That was my fault."

"I'm not busy," she starts, "and I'm glad you came actually. I wanted to talk to you."

"Same here,"Spencer responds walking further in the room. "You first."

"What if I wanted you to go first though?" She squints her eyes and turns her head slightly to the left.

Spencer chuckles, bowing his head, "you know I always let ladies go first. No matter what it is. So this is no different."

"Just come right out and say it, Olivia. Nothing extra, just say what is on your mind."

"I have a question," she says instead.

"And what is your question?"

"I've been doing some thinking, writing and talking with others and I've come to the conclusion that I don't want to throw something good away because of  mistakes and secrets," She nervously bites on her bottom lip before continuing, "I miss you, Spencer and I know you've probably missed me."

"There's no probably in it, because I did. Liv, I missed you a lot."

"I missed you too & that's why I don't want to give up on us so easily. I feel like another chance can be given between us. Of course with better communication, patience, understanding and so much more. I feel that we can be better this time around," she states, voice laced with full hope.

"Wow," Spencer starts off, not knowing what to say.

Well he knew what he intentionally wanted to say, but after hearing this, he was kinda at a loss for words. I didn't expect to hear a response like that.

"I'm sorry to just throw this all at you at once, but I just couldn't hold it in anymore. Truth is I miss you so much, Spencer. I know with me not reaching out or attempting to make an effort of seeing or speaking with you doesn't really help me out, but I just wasn't sure how to go about it." She now fidgets with her fingers, awaiting a response from him. "Can you sorta say something?" She nervously chuckles, "Nerves are starting to get up and make an appearance."

"W-what can I say, Liv?"

"Anything...something. You know what? Never mind, just forget I said anything. It's fine."

She lies through her teeth, but there was nothing else she could say. I mean she probably could, but it wouldn't be the right thing to say. You can't force someone to be with you. Life just doesn't work out that way.

"Why do you do that? Soon as someone doesn't give you an answer in a timely matter of when you want it, you shut down."

"Because it doesn't take that long to come up with an answer, Spencer. If you have to think that long then it is obviously something I don't care to hear."

"And that's okay? You don't want to hear, so it doesn't get said?"

"W-what? No, of course not."

"Are you sure? That's exactly what it's seeming like."

"It's seeming like to me your answer is you don't want to be together." She softly responds as she stares at him before looking down at her hands. "Just say it, Spence."

Taking his hand out of his pockets, he walks closer over to her, "it's not that I don't. I just—I just don't want to make any more mistakes by rushing. I don't want things to be ruined, then later on being stuck thinking what we've could've been if we waited. I want it all to be perfect and right this go round." He responds, holding her hands in his.

She nods her head with a tight lipped smile. She wanted to say more. Needed to ask more questions, but her heart was broken enough. There's no need to break it any further, but asking more questions & getting herself upset.

•••
Excuse any and all mistakes

Excuse the shortness due to me not updating the Spelivia sequel just yet I wanted to release something for them. I came up with this last night when I was half asleep (😩🤣)  my intentions were to add more butttt I feel like this kinda give it's a straight to the point kinda thing. 🤷🏽‍♀️

I'm starting to get out of of my writer's block/procrastination so hopefully I can start putting out some chapters and books.

I also have another book that I'm working on and it's already published (two chapters in) it's a Dimone book so if y'all want a Dimone book to read and add to ya libraries, check it out ❤️