Reunited | Damon

Kiara

"The number you dialed is in no association with the emergency room and can not take any calls at this time. If this is an emergency, please hang up and dial 911. Goodbye."

"Kiara, don't hang up!" I hear a good friend of mine, JR exclaim out.

"Did she just recite an automated message?" Cam, another good friend asks.

I roll my eyes, before taking the phone away from my ear to glance at the time.

2:15 a.m.

Ever been sleeping so good that you didn't want anything or anyone to ruin it, so you pretend like your hearing is unavailable? Well that is my current situation at this moment. I just came back from the bathroom and soon as my head hit the cool side of the pillow my phone went to ringing. My family & friends already know the time of when I go to bed and they usually don't call me unless it is an emergency. When I looked at my phone & saw that it was JR I immediately placed it back down, because what they were calling for wasn't anything close to an emergency. At least I didn't think it was. I only answered the second time because he sent a text saying that he really needed to talk to me.

"J, do you not know what time it is?" I sigh.

"I do. Trust me I do, and I'm sorry for calling this late but sis I need a favor."

"We need a favor!" Cam loudly intercepts again.

"Tell Cameron that I know that he's in the car, and that he doesn't have to make his presence known."

I can hear him kiss his teeth and mumble out a whatever before hearing JR chuckle.

"Jessie, what is it that you need? I'm about to head back to sleep in any second."

Soon as I ended my question, it was answered by Damon's loud, drunk ass horribly singing the words of Silk's Lose Control. Immediately I put two & two together and knew what the favor was.

"Oh hell no! Uh uh bye JR."

"Kiara, wait."

"Nope! Goodnight!"

I instantly end the call and throw my phone behind me on the other side. Every time that man gets behind his drinking limits they expect me to come in saving him and nurse him back sober. I may have done it before, but I am not doing it now. It's been a minute since him & I talked, and he has a girlfriend now. If he needs to be nursed then she can do it. I flip my pillow again, hoping this side is cooler before I get in a comfortable position. Since my phone is facing up I notice the brightness hitting the ceiling and hear two pings back to back. I reluctantly turn around to grab my phone.

Cam 🏈🙄
Aye man, is this how you
treat your patients when they
they need you? I thought you were
supposed to be a nurse?

BB J.R 🤞🏾❣️
Ki, if I didn't think you were
needed, you know I wouldn't have hit
you up. Not constantly like this.
Come to the door, please?

I respond to Cam by giving him the bird then I heart J's message and tell him to give me a minute. I get out of bed and slip on a pair flannel pants to replace my night shorts. I walk to my door, unlock it and allow him to come in. I take a look at him and see that he's not drunk, nor tipsy but you can tell he had some drinks too.