chapter 4

Chapter 4: Revolver

The first soul came relatively easy since the opponent had almost no resistance. There would not be too many opportunities of this sort, so Roy wanted to seize the opportunity to grab a few more souls. He turned his head and found himself in an awkward situation. Too many boats were chasing too few fish!

There was no choice since more eggs had hatched than the number that had not. In such a short amount of time, all of the demon eggs were gone!

Roy only managed to get the demon egg because he had the advantage of proximity. Just as he wanted to obtain more, he saw a few little demons being slain over the demon egg in the distance.

Seeing this scene, Roy was suddenly shocked. The way that the demon race was born gave him a really bad premonition again. Would these stronger little demons that had yet to snatch souls turn to the hatched weaker demons?!

Roy felt like he was next on the chopping board as he looked at his small arms and calves…

No, I have to think of something quick! Roy quickly brought up the customization interface.

He might be born a demon, but Roy still had human thinking. The first thing he thought of was to get himself a weapon!

When he thought of weapons, it was naturally a firearm. His first thought was to draw a pistol.

He chose a blank page on the interface and started working on it. Since he had no mouse, he could only draw with the brush tool directly by hand.

Roy had some ideas. He knew that besides using a gun when he had military training in college, he had little understanding of firearms, so he drew a revolver this time!

The advantage of a revolver was that it had a simple structure, was solid, had stable performance, would not easily malfunction, and would not jam at critical times. Even a dud would not affect the firing of the next bullet.

Of course, Roy preferred exquisite, elegant, and modern firearms, but he gave up on the idea when he thought of the bullet jamming at a critical moment, feeling that a revolver would be much more suitable for a rookie like him.

It did not take him long to complete a revolver. However, Roy had an urge to bang his head against a wall when he looked at the gun.

Perhaps because he had not used his hand to draw for too long, but this revolver basically looked like graffiti. Places where it should have been straight were crooked, and places where it should have been curved were straight. It did not possess any form of artistic beauty at all.

However, everyone in art design knew very well that a sketch had to be modified repeatedly before finalizing a design, so Roy was not discouraged. He only needed to use a few auxiliary line tools to modify and color it as well as retouch its highlights and shadows before completing the gun.

However, a strange noise rang behind Roy just as he was about to operate the panel.

Gawk!!

Roy stiffened and turned around quickly. The one making the strange cry turned out to be the four-eyed demon from just now!

This four-eyed demon had already recovered from the pleasure of devouring his first soul, and he wanted to continue killing the unhatched eggs but found himself too late to the game. In his anger, he accidentally noticed this strange demon that was Roy. To be precise, he was attracted by the light of the soul floating beside Roy!

When the other little demons were foraging for souls, Roy did not immediately devour the soul and immediately became as eye-catching as a firefly in the darkness. Therefore, this four-eyed demon turned toward Roy. His four eyes fixated on the soul beside Roy, and saliva dripped from his huge mouth full of sharp teeth.