chapter 12

Chapter 12: Intelligence Is a Good Thing

Logically speaking, Roy’s first instinct facing a sudden plot change with a hidden boss should have been to run away.

But he did not know why the first thought that popped into his head when he looked at that hideous spider queen was…

F*ck, I’ll swallow my dung and commit suicide if my future wife looks like this!

When he thought of how he could become a bachelor demon for life because he could not accept their aesthetics, Roy felt a deep sorrow within! Then he turned around and ran!

It was impossible for him not to run. He knew that he could not deal with this spider queen just by looking at her size, and he would really be stuck if those spider demons besieged him!

You are too treacherous. Why would you, an adult demon, come to be neighbors with me, a young demon, and still use clones?!

When she saw Roy running away, the spider queen did not become angry but instead burst out in ridiculing laughter.

This was exactly what she wanted. As a demon that had hunted thousands of prey, she knew how to make the souls of her prey more delicious.

Terror, fear, pain. If the prey could maintain these emotions, the quality and taste of the soul might even improve after it dies!

This little demon in front of her was low rank without a doubt. Although he looked a little strange, and she was unable to tell which bloodlines he had, the spider queen did not mind at all. In fact, at least thirty percent of all her prey were little demons like this. Unlike those inferior monsters, these intelligent little demons were by far the easiest to produce high-quality souls.

Just put pressure on them and let them feel terror and fear!

Therefore, she was not in a hurry when she saw Roy running away. She stretched her limbs and took her time giving chase.

“Give up. You can’t escape! How dare you steal from the great Araniya. Your only outcome is to become food in my stomach!

“I’ll bite off your tail, rip off your head, and tear your body into pieces!

“You will wail in pain and beg me to kill you as soon as possible!”

While chasing Roy, Araniya yelled in a strange accent with the demon language, portraying the explicit miserable death that Roy would face when he died in a bid to increase the fear in Roy’s heart.

Araniya continued advancing while spelling out these horrible endings, constantly using her tank-like body to knock down the trees along the way, creating an unmatched momentum.

She was chasing and teasing Roy like a cat would a mouse, and even the spider demons that gathered under her command did not completely block his route. Instead, they were like hounds, driving this prey that was Roy around.

However, she did not know that Roy was not as terrified as she thought.

The success of the first part of his body modification plan did not inflate his ego. He knew that a tail was not going to make him invincible, so when he was planning to clear out the spider demons, he had given some thought about what to do if he was under siege. Nonetheless, he had not expected the existence of a hidden boss like the spider queen.

Therefore, Roy immediately started to execute his plans when the unexpected enemy that was Araniya appeared.

He started running along the route that he came from, shuttling in between the gaps of the spiderwebs. These spiderwebs had lost the spider demons that were guarding them, so there was no problem as long as he did not get stuck on them.