chapter 33

Chapter 33: Does a Fixed Storyline Exist?

With Roy’s assistance in the dark, Dracula’s plan went smoothly.

When Anna arrived at Dracula’s castle, the moon happened to be in the sky. Almost as soon as she arrived, she witnessed her brother, Viken, transform into a werewolf.

This transformation was quite tormenting. The severely swollen muscles and bones would break through the human skin, so Viken was roaring in pain throughout the entire transformation process.

Anna did not have the heart to watch, but Dracula held her chin and forced her eyes on the scene.

After the transformation finished, Viken became a sturdy werewolf and completely lost his mind. He was tied up by thick metal chains, and every time he wanted to break free of these chains, Dracula’s loyal servant Igor would bring out a long electric fork and poke him fiercely, taming him like a beast to make him obedient.

“Do you see that? Anna, if you don’t rescue him, he’ll soon become an obedient beast under this training!” Dracula whispered by Anna’s ear. “He’ll do whatever I want, no difference from an obedient dog!”

“No, please don’t!” Anna shook her head in pain.

“I can indeed save him!” Dracula said with a smile. “I have a potion that can neutralize the werewolf virus and let him return to being human. But as I’ve already said, whether or not I take this antidote out is up to you!”

“What do you want me to do?” Anna asked.

“Kill yourself!” Dracula smiled as he broached this gruesome topic. “As long as you sacrifice your life, you can save Viken. As long as you do it, I will give him the antidote!”

However, Anna did not believe him at all. “How can you guarantee that? Do you, a vampire, have credibility? How am I supposed to know that you won’t kill my brother after I die? Don’t forget. We are the last remaining descendants of the Villelis family, and you’d have no more enemies after we die…”

“No, no. I can swear to the demon!” Dracula shook his head. “Please believe me. I don’t get anything for killing the both of you. But if I let your brother go and get your soul, then there’s hope that my children can be born alive. To me, this is definitely worth making an oath!”

“You actually made a deal with a demon again?!” Anna stared at Dracula with wide eyes.

“What’s so strange about it?” Dracula spread his hands. “In your eyes, I am a vampire and a heinous demon!”

Anna’s face was full of hesitation and confusion. After a long while, she said, “I don’t believe you, unless… unless you turn Viken back first!”

Without waiting for Dracula to respond, she quickly added, “Anyway, we are both in your hands, right? If you want me to give my life up for him, then at least let me witness his transformation back before I die!”

It was now Dracula’s turn to hesitate. He thought for a while and felt that Anna was right. Now that they were both in his hands, he did not need to fear that Anna would escape. So after deliberating, he agreed to Anna’s request and waved at one of his brides, signaling her to get the antidote.

Before long, the bride brought the antidote, which was a long needle with the antidote inside.

“Inject it into him!” Dracula motioned to his bride.

The bride smiled and walked with the potion toward the chained Viken. However, before she could reach him, a huge dark shadow suddenly jumped from above and grabbed the bride’s hand holding the needle.