chapter 65: can still stay

Witnessing Xeron’s death with his own eyes, Roy could not help but feel relaxed all over. It was hard to believe that a low-rank demon like him could actually cause the death of a high-rank demon.

Of course, many elements were in play to cause this. Not only because of the war, but also because of Xeron’s greed, the infighting among demons, and so on. But in any case, Roy used these elements reasonably and combined them cleverly to achieve his anticipated outcome. Since low-rank demons could not match up to high-rank demons in strength, he could only rely on wisdom.

The demon contract lost its effect the moment Xeron was expelled, and at the same time, a name suddenly appeared in Roy’s mind.

Oserique Rolos Ellaca… Xeron Balosha!

Needless to say, this was part of Xeron’s true name. Because Xeron died as a summoner, the demon contract determined that he could not fulfill the contract and compensated Roy, the summoned.

According to the demon contract, if the summoner died, the demon could collect the soul of the other party. However, the demon contract this time was between demon and demon in another world. The Ouroborus Mark protected both of their souls, so no one could obtain the soul of the other. In the end, Roy could only receive part of Xeron’s true name as compensation

It was only part of his true name, so it was not very useful. Unless Roy could make use of the demon contract to hoodwink Xeron a few more times, in which case he might be able to gather Xeron’s true name. But then again, no matter how stupid Xeron was, he would not give Roy this opportunity.

Thinking about it, Roy still did not understand how to use a demon’s true name. He only knew that a demon’s true name was something that concerned the life and death of the demon and also something that the demon strictly protected, second to only the demon heart. Thus, it was quite difficult to obtain the full true name of a demon.

After killing Xeron, the dragons had completed their task. At this time, they also discovered the usual condition of their bodies. The light of the Bloodlust skill looked very conspicuous.

However, it was obvious that this spell that strengthened them was not from the elves’ heroes. In fact, with the magic resistance of the dragons, many low-level spells could not be cast on them. It was the same even for enchantment magic. Therefore, it was very difficult for dragons to enjoy the effect of a buff on the battlefield.

But now, an enchantment spell appeared on them. How could the dragons not be shocked?

Recalling what Xeron yelled before he died, the dragons realized that someone else had appeared nearby, so they turned their heads and looked around.

Finally, an emerald dragon raised its head and found Roy in the sky. It shouted immediately, “There! Damn it. It’s a demon!”

The dragons were not stupid. They immediately realized that they might have been used by a demon to kill another demon! So the next moment, all the dragons roared and flapped their wings, flying toward Roy in the sky!

With the pride of the dragons, how could they accept being enchanted by a demon? Therefore, they did share the concept of ‘the enemy of my enemy is a friend’ and only wanted to kill that demon in the sky.

Roy had already expected this. He was a demon, and no one would think that he was a good demon just because he did something beneficial for them. So when Roy saw the dragons fly into the air, he immediately spread his wings and flew away.

Roy flapped his wings and flew at his fastest speed. Roy’s speed might not have exceeded the speed of sound, but it was still very fast. The problem was that these dragons still had Roy’s Bloodlust effect on them. With a 40% increase to their strength and speed, the dragons flew equally fast, and Roy could not get rid of them!