Chapter 25: Beginning of the End

Beckham

Riding at the front of my army, I led the way to King Henry's palace. It was a long, but fairly easy journey and one I've done before, but under different circumstances. Last time I was going to meet a Lady. This time, I'm going to avenge her.

As we neared the final leg of the trip, I turned back and looked at my troops. I had one final message to deliver before the chaos of battle ensued.

"Here ye, here ye," Ty beckoned out from beside me. I shot him a withering glare as several of the men laughed at his joke.

"Men! Thank you for joining me on this mission. I trust each and every one of you wholeheartedly and I am beyond grateful to have you all in my army.

This is a battle we cannot lose. This is for our Queen."

"For Queen Talia!" The men echoed out.

I held up a hand to silence them and continued.

"King Henry caused harm to our precious Queen and that cannot stand. I won't let it. So today we go out there with one goal, take down the King. You know the plan. Let's do this."

My men cheered, whether out of obligation or moral I do not know. With that, I turned back and started the final leg of the journey. From here we had one hour left before we reached the palace.

I went over the plan in my mind throughout the duration of our journey. I would take down Henry while my men held off his troops keeping casualties as low as possible. I didn't know the specific guards that hurt Talia and until I could identify them, I was playing it safe. Most of King Henry's men were innocents just trying to keep food on the table, i didn't want them dead.

I'm hoping for a quick and easy battle. We have surprise on our side and I'm hoping that will make it easier for us.

Six arrows flew overhead as we approached the castle gates and landed in the chest's of the guards. One of my men was quick to run over and open the gates so we could get through.

I sent a silent prayer to Talia, remembering my promise to come back to her.

"Let's go."

King Henry was already in the courtyard when we arrived, he must have been alerted when we were in sight.

"To what do I owe the pleasure my boy?" King Henry asked gleefully. He clearly didn't know what this was about. He thought he had Talia so under his control that she wouldn't ever dare defy him. That was his true downfall. Never under estimate my wife.

"King Henry," I spat out. "You have caused harm to someone I love very much."

The numbskull still looked confused. Good God, how was he still alive?

I watched as a look of recognition finally washed over the King's face and it quickly switched to fury.

"That's right. Talia told me everything. Now you have two options old man. Either submit the crown to its rightful owner and live the rest of your life in the dungeons or I will kill you. The choice is yours."

"I will never give my crown to that ungrateful brat!" Henry shouted.

"Very well then."

I unsheathed my sword and pointed it at the King.

"This is the end Henry."