56: Greet

"I did not sign up for a meet and greet," I grumbled to Peter.

"You can go back to your room." He said, nodding in the direction of my door. "No one's gonna judge."

"Stark will," I replied. "He's gonna try and guilt me into going."

"No, he won't."

"Look, Peter, I don't want to be here right now. I don't want to go up there and socialize, and I'm really sorry but I don't want your input. I just really want to go and sleep, or fucking cry." I exclaimed. It was silent in the hall, so it wasn't a surprise that everyone heard.

"I told you not to teach them any swears-" Stark said.

"Fuck you." I used Peter's shoulder to stand up, then I turned the corner and went straight to my room.

"Max-" Peter whispered. 

I knew he could still hear me. "Tell Stark to go fuck himself."

"Alright-" Stark shouted. 

I slammed my door shut, ripping off my hoodie. My skin was burning up.

I threw it on my bed, then looked at the bandages covering me. Ah, what the fuck. I found the end to the one covering my chest and quickly unwrapped it. 

I made my way into the bathroom and flipped the light switch. It turned on.

I dropped the mess of bandages on the floor. They were all clean, no blood, or pus covering even a tiny bit of them. 

I looked in the mirror.

There was literally nothing there. The front was fine, and from what I could see of the back, there wasn't even a scar.

Then where the fuck did they go?

I put an arm behind my back and ran my fingers over the skin. Perfectly smooth. 

I looked at my legs, which were both wrapped in gauze under my pants. I pulled that stuff off too, and there was absolutely nothing wrong with them.

So then why were they covered?

I pulled my clothes back on and stepped out of my room.

Everyone was gone, though Stark was standing back in the hall with two people. I didn't care to look who they were. I repeatedly smacked the button until the door opened, feeling the three pairs of eyes on the back of my head.

I turned around. It was two and five. I pressed the button for the infirmary. The doors slowly shut as the two girls stared at me.

I waited, tapping a rhythm on the wall to fill the boredom.

Finally, the doors opened, and made my way down the hall. I found the doctor's meeting room and threw open the door.

Doctor Strange, Burce Banner, and some lady with reddish hair sat at the table. There were multiple x-rays projected in front of them, which strange immediately shut down as soon as the door opened.

"Someone tell me what the fuck is going on," I said.

"Max-" Strange stood up. "You can't be here right now."

I stared at him.

"This is a private meeting about private things. Come back later."

I frowned.

"Later?" I raised my eyebrows. "Look, sir, I just had a shit ton of fucking trauma and I don't know what's going on. So I need you to tell me what's going on, or I'm gonna fucking go crazy. And I think I already fucking have."