Chapter Twenty Nine | Vrushali

"Ugh!" Drishti almost pulled her hair out in frustration "Why couldn't you people wake me up earlier? You could have thrown cold water at me! Or pushed me off the bed! Or slapped me hard across my face! Why didnt you do it?"

Drishti was now almost on the verge of crying while her maids cowered in fear due to her unpredictably scary behavior. Snowy too watched his owner with big wide eyes, highly scared.

Today was Dushala's ring ceremony and Drishti slept in. Nothing new, though. Everybody in the castle knew about Drishti sleeping till late and especially on the days with special occasion. But Drishti didnt want it to be today.

"Okay! Okay! Calm down Drishti.. you are brave.. yes you are strong, Get up!" Drishti consoled herself and ran back to the large mirror and inhaled deeply to calm her nerves down and get ready quickly all over again. But this time simpler, no extraordinary things being done, as she wanted earlier.

And it still took an hour. Now she was almost later. She ran with her full speed to the assembly hall where Dushala's ceremony was to be ring conducted with Jaydrath. She just hoped that Dushala considered waiting for her a minute.

"Now it is the right time to put the ring in bride's hand." The main pandit said gesturing Jaydrath to put the ring on Dushala's finger, but Dushala after having a weary glance around and especially at the entrance at the main gate, withdrew her hand from Jaydrath's immediately arising several gasps in the hall.

"C-Can we wait for a bit longer?" Dushala asked in a quiet voice with her head lowered avoiding all the piercing gazes on her.

Everybody in the family understood why shw was saying so, and they too waited for Drishti to come soon who knew she would be getting an earful from the elders ladies for sure for being late.

"I told her to straight go to sleep last night after dinner but she never listens to me." Dushasan grumpled and Duryodhan, Karn, Ashwathama and Mamashree all agreed. Drishti never listens to what told to her. It is something naturally inbuilt in her.

"Surely she must be giving a walk to her owl like always." Arjun grumpled on the other hand and all the Pandavas along with Draupadi jerked their necks in his direction holding a strange look.

"What?" He looked at them confused "I have seen her several time from my window. She even calls herself a 'night owl'."

Everybody shook their heads and turned their attention back to bride and groom who seemed to be in a fit with the panditji who was telling them that the right mahurat was passing by.

"Sorry, I dont have any say in this." Jaydrath sighed defeated meanwhile Dushala who too had grown to be stubborn like Drishti in her family's opinion firmly denied for the event to go further.

"Sorry! I am late!" Drishti's breathless voice came from the main gate and everybody saw a prettily dressed Drishti gasping for air as she came in.

The poor girl was still not accustomed to the long halls and corrdiors of the castle. Pitamah took a step forward with a small smile "Seemed like you wont come at all."