Chapter Sixty Two

Drishti sat at by balcony staring down at the grand lawns being prepared for the upcoming weddings, with a grim expressionless face

After Karn agreed to marry Supriya yesterday and she cried all night, she didnt know what to even do now. She practically begged him to not marry her but he didnt listen to her. He was going to marry her tomorrow at all costs only because Duryodhan asked him to and he could not deny his best friend for something ever.

At this stage she didnt know what she was doing with her life anymore or what life was doing to her? She had no idea where was it all leading her to. Wherever she went, whatever she did, it only brought her pain and all of it was connected to only one person.

"Drishti," Her daze was broken by Dushasan coming beside her, "What are you doing here?"

"I dont know Dushasan," She croaked darting her gaze to him hurtfully, "What are you doing?"

"What do you mean?" He asked confused. She sighed softly gesturing him to sit beside her and so he did and she continued after a short silence, "Are you really okay with this marriage?"

Dushasan went stiff for a moment looking away from her, "I am simply obeying my elder brother's decision."

She nodded pursing her lips, "Right and just like you Angraj is following Duryodhan's decision, who didnt care about your feelings at all."

"Dont say like that Drishti," Dushasan said with a distorted look, "I dont want to blame it on him. I just dont even have that energy. I dont want to fight for this. I am fine with his decision."

"That means you dont love Kritika anymore." Drishti stated which had a hint of accusation and offence in her tone.

He let out a dry chuckle looking down at the golden bracelet in his hand which had a silver bell of anklet attached to it, Drishti knew it belonged to Kritika and he still loved her. "I wish what you are saying right now could be true."

"Why Dushasan?" She asked turning to him fully, "Why did you do that to her? What did she even do to deserve that kind of a heartbreak? I know you dont care about class and caste— the reason is something else."

He was completely avoiding her gaze, she knew he was finding it whatever it was, hard to say. He was struggling within himself and was sure it must be eating him alive the whole time.

"Remember when all of us went to Angdesh, an year ago?" Dushasan finally began, his voice so faint yet so burdened with guilt and pain, "You, I and Kritika had such a nice time there and all of us finally decided that her and I should get married."

"Yes." Drishti whispered. How could she forget that day when she was the happiest om knowing her two best friends were getting married to each other.

"It wasnt just the three of us there," He said causing her eyes to snap to him in confusion, "What? Who else was there?"