Chapter Sixty Three

*Note*

The above picture for my lovely readers💋 Ilysm💓

P.S. That's me in it😁😅

Happy reading🤍✨

The whole day passed in utter misery for Drishti

The whole day passed in utter misery for Drishti. The kingdom of Kalinga was prepared for the marriage of their princess along with other two marriages as well. Drishti had finally stepped out of her room, as today the weddings were to be placed.

She stood alone in front of the beautifully adorned three mandaps as the couples sat in them being tied in the matrimonial bond for their life.

Bhanumati and Duryodhan were glad, their happiness was evident on their faces, while Dushasan and Charumati sat silently with polite looks, they didnt appear the happiest but also not the saddest. Charumati was glad about her marriage but the only thing that stopped her wide smile was that her groom didnt look happy.

Whereas the last couple, Karn and Supriya could be seen as the grimmest looking couple. Karn's grieving eyes again and again darted to Drishti's stone cold ones which were staring at him unblinkingly reminding him he was responsible for what she was feeling right now.

But in real she wasnt feeling anything. All of it inside her felt shallow, cold and numb, ofcourse she was torturing herself standing there in front of him watching him getting married to someone else that was not her again but for some reasons she wanted him to feel tortured as well, she didnt know if she was being toxic, but that felt the right thing to do at that time.

Soon the priest announced that the marriage was completed and the couples were now tied to each other for life as husband and wife. Now it that time to depart from Kalinga to Hastinapur for all of them and she couldnt care less because now nothing would excite or make her happy ever again.

The journey back to Hastinapur was as quiet as ocean because of Drishti's silence, that was scarily soundless and dangerous as well. She hadnt spoken to anybody the whole ride. After hours of journey when they arrived at Hastinapur that was welcoming the newlyweds with utter enthusiasm. Drishti stepped out of her palanquin as quickly as possible and marched towards the castle where the family stood for their welcome. She didnt turn around to see the couple walked behind her.

Karn and Supriya were to go to Karn's house for Supriya's welcome but Duryodhan requested him stay and his family to welcome Karn and his new bride too alongwith them. At this stage Drishti couldnt care less.

"Drishti! Wait, where are you going?" Bheeshma stopped Drishti who was about to step inside. She held a short confused look, "I am going inside, what happened?"

"Putri, how can you go inside, you too are to be welcomed with the newlyweds." Gandhari said brightly because of the excitement of welcoming her son's wives, while the newlyweds gathered at the entrance.