Chapter Hundred And Fifteen

400k views guys tysm!!💞
Happy reading the one of the last chapters of this book!

400k views guys tysm!!💞Happy reading the one of the last chapters of this book!

*7 Months Later*

The grand castle of Hastinapur was adorned in the most alluring manner om the occassion of the birth of the new successor, Parikshit. Kings and Queens from all across the Aryavrat huddled the castle with their presence taking part in the grand event that was organised for the first celebration after the Great War of Mahabharata.

The scars from that horrendous series of events were not healed from the people's hearts, the destruction and loss faced by the whole population in some way or the other was still unhealed but maybe today's event was able to fade their grimness into content as the day marked the dawn of a new era with the arrival of a ruler who had already created history even before being born.

Inside the castle, it was for the first time since the war the ladies actually smiled in a real sense, their brimming eyes shone with glee. The empress of Aryavrat, Yagyasaini Draupadi addressed the assembly hall today delivering the elating news. The whole Kuru family had gathered today in the castle for the occassion, including the wives and daughters of the Kauravas alongwith the Rajmata Supriya of Angdesh and crown prince Vrishaketu and Princess Karnika.

The widowed women stood huddled together facing the wives of the Pandavas dressed in bright colors and their faces shining with glee. Ofcourse that sight stung as they themselves stood in all contrast but it was the same for everybody else too. It was painful to watch for the other people to see hundreds of Kulvadhus of Hastinapur widowed but there was nothing that could be done about it.

Draupadi, alongwith her co-wives had greeted the other essential part of their family and hadnt failed to sense the misery in their eyes despite how hard they tried to hide it from them, it was evident that today standing in the same castle in which they once lived with their husbands and sons, now gnawed at them mercilessly in their absence. Thats why after their deaths they all had gone back to their paternal houses.

"The youngest wife of Pandavakumar Arjun isn't here right? The future girl." Draupadi halted slightly upon hearing a quiet feminine voice from closeby and turned to see it came from the two queens standing in a corner chitchatting and the other one replied with a roll of eyes, "How can she show her unfortunate face to the world after being the reason of such a great bloodshed?."

"Yeah, right." The other queen huffed in distaste, meanwhile Draupadi frowned a bit angrily as she didnt like the way the guests spoke and looked around to see Ulupi and Chitrangada were busy with Uttara and her newborn and found Subhadra coming in her direction.

"Subhadra?" Draupadi called quietly as Subhadra neared her instantly,  "Yes, Jiji?"

"Did you send for Drishti?" Draupadi asked as suddenly there was a little worry in her tone which reflected in Subhdra's eyes as well as she spoke, "I did but.."