。thirty five 。

♡

after kissing in the back room, robin was still pretty much non-functioning while adella's small smile hadn't left her face. steve would have been smug if he wasn't focusing on the murder that they saw on the news. the tv was still playing in the background as they worked, the three occasionally looking at it for updates.

the door bell to the shop rang and dustin and max stormed inside quickly, the boy speaking, "hey, steve."

"you see this?" robin asked, gesturing to the tv, adella standing behind her chair.

"how many phones do you have?" dustin demanded.

"someone was murdered." steve stated.

"how many phones do you have?" dustin repeated firmer.

"two. why?" adella questioned.

"technically three, if you count keith's in the back." robin added.

"yeah, three works." max nodded at dustin.

"what are you doing?" steve asked as dustin pulled his rucksack off.

he threw it over the counter making the older three exclaim as the pile of tapes were pushed off the counter. dustin jumped on the counter, sliding onto the other side, knocking more tapes off the desk as he sat down at the computer.

"what are you doing, man?" steve groaned.

"setting up base of operations here." dustin replied.

"base of operations?" robin asked.

"get off of that." adella ordered, helping robin pick up tapes.

"no, i need it." dustin shot back quickly.

"for what?" steve demanded.

"looking up eddie's friends' phone numbers." dustin answered.

"oh, eddie. your new best friend, eddie, you think is cooler because he plays your nerdy game?" steve bitched.

"yes." dustin sighed before looking to steve. "i never said that."

"seriously, you guys, maybe on a monday you can play around, but it's saturday. it's our busiest day." robin explained, thanking adella quietly when she handed her the last of the tapes on the floor.

"robin, i totally empathise, but this cannot wait until monday." dustin responded.

"what, 'cause calling all of eddie's friends is an emergency?" robin scoffed.

"correct!" dustin yelled.

"want me to strangle him or do you two wanna do it?" steve mumbled.

"we could take turns." robin mused.

"i agree." adella hummed.

"can you just fill them in while i do this?" dustin asked max.

"full is in on what?" robin questioned.