。sixty one 。

♡

underneath the tower in the playground, the group of four waited for any update from erica about the situation before she spoke, "okay, the lovebirds have copied. max is moving into phase two: distracting vecna."

"so far, so smooth." robin mumbled.

"yeah, we're not even at the hard part yet." steve agreed.

"what's easy about any of this?" adella asked with a small scoff.

"... fair point."

"take the bait, you son of a bitch." nancy said, looking towards the creel house. "take the bait."

minutes passed by until erica spoke again, "okay, she's in. initiate phase three."

"she's in. move on to phase three." robin told dustin and eddie through their walkie-talkie.

"copy that. initiating phase three." dustin replied immediately.

soon after that, they hard eddie playing master of puppets by metallica through the woods. adella found it impressing seeing as though the song hadn't been released long and he had already leant it. the bats heard the music and screeched before flying off in the direction of the heavy metal.

"okay, it's working." nancy muttered. "let's go."

they walked from by the tower in the playground towards the creel house, preparing themselves for the fight about to take place. red thunder clapped as they reached the door and steve pushed it open, the hinges creaking loudly. the door opened to reveal that almost all of the floor was covered in the twisting, slithering vines.

"oh, shit. that's not good." steve murmured before stepping between the vines, stumbling slightly, his weight moving backwards and forwards as he tried to balencd himself up.

"i hope you're good at hopscotch." adella chuckled nervously as nancy walked in, stepping between the vines, keeping balanced.

"nope. took me longer than everyone else to do that, too." robin responded with a hesitant smile, watching adella hop through the spaces of floorboards surrounded by the still twisting vines.

robin followed after her and then nancy did the same. they moved up the stairs, avoiding the vines at all cost, keeping their footing precise to not alert vecna of their location or presence. they got to the landing and pulled out their weapons, adella exhaling as she readied herself to use the powers she mimicked.

before they could move to go to the attic, one of the earthquakes rumbled and they stumbled into one another, holding tightly into each other to try and stay upright as the floor shook greatly. nothing happened for a few seconds and they let go of one another before the sound of a tentacle sliding could be heard.

it wrapped around robin's ankle, the woman yelling loudly as she was slammed down onto the floor before she was yanked onto the wall by another few vines. they constricted her hands and legs before one slithered around her throat and she looked down at adella, panicked, "ella! steve!"

adella moved forwards and held out her hand, breaking a vine that was holding robin's leg to the wall and then she broke the one on her neck. she broke the other one on her other leg and robin started to kick at the vines but before adella could take the rest off of her, one curled around her ankle and yanked her up beside robin, more curling around her hands and her throat too, causing her to gasp and robin did the same as the different vines curled around her neck and legs again.

steve and nancy started hitting at the vines, nancy with the end of her gun and steve with an axe. suddenly, a vine sprung from the opposite wall and yanked steve back into it, more pulling him up the wall, choking him. nancy looked back in shock before she was yanked onto the wall as well, all of them choking for air desperately, panic flooding through them.

adella tried to move her fingers and closed her eyes tightly, forcing some power to pull the vines from robin, steve and nancy. the three around her were able to get more air and gasped, trying to get it into their lungs as adella continued to force the vines to move at her will, the ones around her tightening.

she grunted in pain when the tentacle around her left hand tightened drastically, cutting off the circulation in her wrist and squeezing enough she was convinced it would break. as the managed to get some more of the vines off of the three around her, they all suddenly dropped to the floor, the vines leaving their body and letting them crash to the floor.

the tentacles started slithering away, as if in pain as the four coughed, air returning to their lungs, robin looking at them, "i don't believe in a higher power or divine intervention. but that was a miracle."

"then we better not waste it." nancy muttered as she cocked her gun and they turned to face where the door to the attic stairs were.

"phase four." steve breathed.

"flambé." robin finished as adella wiped blood from her nose and top lip.

they walked up the stairs into vecna's lair and saw him hanging to the ceiling by many tendrils, his arms at his sides. robin turned to steve and lit the cloth that was in the end of the bottle of petrol he was holding. quickly, he threw it at vecna, the fire and glass crashing into his body, jolting him from the dream-like-state as he lit ablaze in front of them.

the tendrils broke away from his body and he crashed to the floor in front of them, his flesh sizzling before he stood straight. robin lit another petrol bottle and threw it at vecna sending him wobbling back slightly. he twitched a shaky finger at his side but adella was quick to stop his hand moving, holding her own out, her abilities holding his arms at his sides.

adella gritted her teeth and lifted him off the floor slowly as nancy lifted her gun. nancy shot him in the shoulder and clicked the empty shell out of the gun and shot him in the shoulder again. adella raised her other hand and restricted his arms behind his back when she saw them starting to move. nancy shot him in the other shoulder and he fell into the wall.

as he let out a bowl of anger, nancy shot him a final time in the chest and he crashed out of the window when adella used her abilities to throw him. the group walked out of the house quickly and paused when they saw that the only thing outside of the house was fire and the faint print of vecna's body.

"you should've gone for the head." adella mumbled tiredly, leaning into robin who held her up by her waist as they stared at the residue on the floor.

{1143}

bitch shot everywhere except for his head!?!?? wtf

watching eddie die again just to write this was painful, you lot should be thankful.