Extinguished Flame

The Dragon Warrior rose up the Thousand Steps, ascending with such grace that could be compared to the great Master Oogway. Behind him lay the dusty and barren remains of Tai Lung, as well as the villagers he left behind in cheer as he went to check on his fabled Grandmaster.

Po's usually pathetic and untrained endurance was left behind alongside the dust that shrouded the village. He had an immense dedication to his Grandmaster, even if Shifu seemed to wish for him to disappear when he first arrived at the Jade Palace. His sprinting legs saw no end until he abruptly tripped and fell into the crater that Tai Lung had left behind, a beaming reminder of the events that transpired mere minutes earlier.

The Dragon Warrior could feel his lungs draining of air as he pushed himself forward, reaching forward and over the steps until briefly collapsing due to the feat that he had accomplished using his inadequate frame. However, his body didn't allow itself to rest in an idle state for long as his beaming jade eyes caught sight of a wounded Master Shifu. His unexpected instincts alongside a rush of adrenaline kicked in and he found himself sprinting towards Master Shifu with speeds he could only imagine himself reaching.

"Master! Shifu! Shifu! Are you okay?" Po asked the wounded Grandmaster, tears filling his eyes from a mix of rushing up the steps with intense winds battering his eyeballs as well as the waterworks weighing down on his mind.

Master Shifu turned to face Po, weakly opening his eyes as he let out a grunt of pain before surprise kicked him in the chest.

"Po? You're alive..?" Shifu responded to the panda's presence, a mix of relief and agony escaping his throat with a large sigh before his facial expression turned grim. "Or we're both dead..."

"No, Master! I didn't die... I defeated Tai Lung!" Po's words metaphorically kissed the overcompensating ears of the Grandmaster, filling his face with astonishment.

"You did?" Po warmly nodded as Shifu seemingly relaxed as he closed his eyes. An intense feeling of euphoria resonated across his stiff body as he realised he was truly at peace. His tyrannical son; despite loving him as a child, was now banished to the Spirit Realm. He could no longer hurt or inflict pain on him, but most importantly, he could no longer bring suffering to the Valley of Peace.

Shifu allowed this feeling to flow through his body like a much-needed cup of jasmine tea before slowly opening his ocean-like eyes.

"Wow... it is as Oogway foretold. - You are the Dragon Warrior! You have brought peace to this valley... and to me." Shifu's eyes began fluttering as the enchanting sense of Inner Peace began to force its warming grasp over his body once again. "Thank you, Po... Thank you- thank you..." Shifu calmly exhaled as he entered his state of Inner Peace once again.

Po was unsure whether or not he should freak out or allow Master Shifu to relax. The panda took note of Shifu's breathing, although it was laboured, it was most certainly enough to ease his senses into believing he was still alive.

"I'm glad to know you're okay, Master Shifu... I'm going to head down to the Valley of Peace to grab a bite to eat... wanna come?" Po kindly offered as he looked down at the idle red panda, who agonizingly opened his eyes as he realised Po's childish attitude would haunt him for eternity.

"Uhm, yeah," Shifu sighed as he slowly climbed onto his feet in preparation to exit the Hall of Heroes... that's when he noted the sheer amount of damage Tai Lung had caused to the Jade Palace as he looked up towards the ominous hole that had been placed in the ceiling.

"A lot of repairs are in order..." Shifu sighed loudly, Po shared a sigh alongside him but for a different reason.

"Master Shifu, with all due respect... I defeated Tai Lung today- which was totally awesome! - But don't you think focusing on bad stuff such as- you know- the Jade Palace being out of shape is slightly pessimistic now that your mind can rest..?" Po felt as if he was prodding the grandmaster. However, Shifu shared a sigh of pity.