‧₊˚. act two: scene one .˚₊‧

october | "the feelings"

incoming facetime call from mr. vincent hacker      accept      |     decline

imessage

mr. vincent hacker    |            sweetheart

comon baby just pick up 
i wanna see you before i get on the plane

vin i just woke up and look horrible

sweetheart pardon my language   
but i really don't give a fuck if you look
bad which i know you don't  
so pick up.

incoming facetime call from mr. vincent hacker accept    | decline

˚ · * ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ * · ˚

third person pov.

iris coronel couldn't believe she was getting a call from the vinnie hacker. unbeknownst to her friends, the young tiktoker had caught iris' eye before. long ago, she had seen him on jack's instagram story but quickly shut down any idea of him ever noticing her the same way. the girl simply turned a blind eye and continued on. acting as if her heart didn't miss a small beat every time the boy turned up.

one deep breath in, one deep breath out; calming herself iris answered his call.

"hi there sweetheart" vinnie's face appeared on her screen wearing its signature smirk. it was as if the boy was able to predict the flustered mess iris had become. feigning confidence she sat up in her bed, allowing him to see her fully. "hi vin, whatcha' doing." 

"oh you know just talking with a beautiful girl while packing" an even darker blush arose upon iris' face. "you're telling me your flight leaves in 9 hours and you still haven't packed?" iris said with a light laugh. "that's kinda dumb" she added on.

vinnie was happy that iris was opening up to him. from the start he noticed that she kept herself quite guarded, never letting too much get out. even over text, she kept their conversations targeted toward him and his interests, to which vinnie didn't mind. he enjoyed opening up to her and showing a side that no one else could bring out in him. however, he wondered what else went on in her mind. subconsciously vinnie was making it his goal to get as close as possible to iris during his trip, even if that meant extending his stay.

"ouch sweetheart, you wound me" the 19 year old said as soon as he snapped out of his thoughts, feeling slightly guilty for not knowing how long he sat unresponsive to her reply. however, on the other side of the screen, iris didn't even notice their split second of silence as she was too busy admiring his appearance. his black shirt was hugging his frame perfectly, every movement of his arms made his muscles appear as though they would burst out of the sleeves. his tired eyes paired with his stone-cutting jawline made him look unreal. he's so pretty she thought.

"sorry, i didn't mean to it's just you look so tired" vinnie could sense the genuine concern in her voice. "I've had a little trouble sleeping recently but it's nothing to worry about" he lied. vinnie's head was constantly running with thoughts of iris. despite only knowing of the girl for the past 2 weeks, he couldn't seem to get her off his mind. trying to sort out his feelings towards her while trying to get rid of an unwanted pest was running him thin. if only he could get the tick off his back, then he could daydream with his thoughts of her.