𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑 ;

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ; 𝐂𝐔𝐓𝐄

━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━

- a week later -

A knock was heard from the door of the Forger resident, causing the adults to turn their attention to the source of the sound.

"Do we have a guest?"

Loid only shrugged at Yor's question, making his way towards the front door anxiously. He was sure the agency won't give him any mission on his day off due to Operation Strix.

That explained why he, carefully, place his palm around the doorknob and twist it to open the door with the plethora of bad scenarios swirling in his mind. Only for them to disappear when a box was shoved at him once he opened his door wider.

"Took you long enough, cousin. This box is heavy as hell."

It was true. As soon as he took the box in his hands, he stumbled forward but managed to prevent himself from falling forward.

His eyebrows furrowed together and blinked his eyes as if in confusion at the sight of you in... an outfit of someone who just returned from a vacation."y/n?"

You took off your sunglasses, eyeing him up and down as it was your turn to be confused."Yeah? Who else would visit you if it's not me?"

His eyes shifted down to the box in his hands, silently praying it wasn't something that he requires for a mission that you will give. "What's in the box?"

"Don't look at me like that. It's just some souvenirs that I bought in Hugaria since I heard Anya got a Stella. So I returned as soon as possible."You explained, exchanging a greeting with the black-headed woman when she approaches the two of you.

"It's been a while, Miss Schneider. I was puzzled when you are not home every time I want to send my baked cookies to you."

"Customers keep coming to my store recently and we have been busy."You nervously chuckled and she bestowed you a smile.

Obviously, you won't tell her that you memorized her whole schedule just to avoid her but none of your words was a lie either.

"Oh, I would love to visit your store someday, Miss Schneider."

"The pleasure is mine."

Her beautiful scarlet eyes trail down to the box that the blonde currently holding, his figure slightly trembling to support the weight.

"May I have the box, Loid?"She offered. "I can bring it inside."

"I don't think so, Yor. The box is quite—"He was cut off when she took the box from his box rather easily, or effortlessly if you would be more accurate.

"What was that, Loid?"And the way she asked the question nonchalantly with her smile adorned her lips, that probably hurt the agent's pride even more.

"N-Nevermind."

You whistle, clapping your hands in amazement of her strength. Though, the memory of her breaking your ribs had you halted your action.

"So... "Loid started, earning your attention.

"You really went to Hugaria?"He asked, eyes wide in surprise, recalling what you said during the ‘Forger's night catastrophe’.

"Never said I'm lying."You shrugged but were taken aback by a force, taking a little step behind to stop yourself from losing your footsteps. Her little arms wrapped around your legs and look up so her green eyes meet your [ color ] one.

She soon flashed you the brightest smile she could muster and spread her arms as wide as she can. "Auntie! I miss you sooooooo much!"

First blood!

Your hands flew to your chest, mocking an action of getting a heart attack from her overloaded cuteness, and fell to your knees.

"Anya, I told you to change your uniform as soon as you come back home."

Ignoring Loid's words, the girl puffed her cheeks.

"But Anya wants to show auntie Anya's uniform with this Stella that Anya got!"

Double kill!

Raising a brow, Loid's corner lips curled up slightly and crossed his arms in front of his chest, probably amused with your reaction to the little girl's words. "Oho? And why is that?"

"Because auntie is Anya's most favorite person in this world!"

Triple kill!

Yor let out a noise of betrayal after hearing her statement, "I thought I am your favorite, Anya?"

"But auntie's cooking is much better than mother's. Anya loves the cookies that auntie made for Anya!"

Maniac!

' My niece is the cutest! 'You silently said to yourself.

Hearing your thought, delighted giggles slipped from her mouth.

"Anya is the cutest?"

Savage!

However, you didn't answer her question and slowly stood up — after pinching both Anya's cheeks for your emotional support — and turn around to exit the apartment.

"Hold on. You didn't want to come inside?"

"I'll come back after I fetch my children from their caretakers and bought Anya 1 year's worth of peanuts."You gave the male a thumbs up, despite your upcoming action will hurt you financially.

The pink-haired girl's eyes formed in the shape of stars, jaw wide open along with both Loid's.

"Waku-waku?!"

"O-Oi! Are you serious?!"

But you already disappeared from his sight.

"Excuse me, Loid but I didn't think she have children."

"You got it wrong Yor."He sighed, running his hand through his blond hairlock and explaining, "She always addresses her cats as her children."

"But I wonder who are the caretakers."He continued.