𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟑

𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ;  𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Yuri Briar. The first weeks living with the latter weren't something you expected.

He respects your boundaries and offered to sleep in the guest room instead of sleeping together as he thought you might still be uncomfortable sleeping with the opposite gender.

Despite he is now legally your husband, on the name and the paper.

"Good morning."

He greets you with a smile as you entered the kitchen, watching him slightly lifting his steaming hot mug in the air for you to join him, taking a small sip of the beverage carefully to not burn his tongue. There's something delicious looking on the table— No, it couldn't be possible.

"We have apple pancake too."It was possible?! "If you're too worried to eat it, it's okay, I bought it earlier at a bakery while I was on my morning run."

The truth was revealed to you by the expression in his eyes, and you know he is lying. One could tell by the way he looked aside and fidgeted with his fingers while he uttered it. Nevertheless, only a crazy baker would open at 6 in the morning.

After some consideration, you sat down in the vacant chair in front of him and accepted the fork he extended to you.

You took a mouthful, telling fate that the worst that could happen was food poisoning.

"Hmmpf—!" As it tasted even better than you'd hoped, your eyes expanded and you took another mouthful, blissfully unaware that the man was staring at you with his eyes whirling in relief and delight, a wonderfully curled grin on his lips.

"I need to fill you in on something."

As you reached for a handkerchief to wipe the corner of your lips for crumbs, his voice suddenly took on an urgent tone. You perk up, place your hands on the table, and nodded your head before motioning for him to go on.

You patiently wait for anything to spew from his mouth as he took a deep breath and looks at you in the eyes.

"I'm a member of the SSS police force."

You waited for him to speak for a few more seconds, maybe even a minute, but he said nothing.

"So..."You took this as a chance to continue when he didn't interrupt you. "That's it?"

His expression changed to one of puzzlement as he said, "You look unusually calm after hearing this."

You gave a large, theatrical gasp to give him the reaction he desired once you saw your dissatisfied countenance.

"Really?!"Your hand flew to your mouth, mimicking a gesture of sarcastically surprised kirk. "I-I don't know how to react about that. I am surprised!"

When he just smiles, it's as if the cheap trick you did convince him "What you're saying makes sense. After hearing that, who wouldn't be?"

You began, your anxious laughter rising, "But, " you said, "why you are telling me this?"

Your heart skipped a beat at the tenderness in his eyes.

"The truth is, I don't want to keep anything from my wife."

───────────────

Dominic laughs at his friend, pats him on the back a few times, "Oh man, you're whipped." and then turns to face his coworkers, yelling,

"Yuri likes someone! our son has grown up!"As Yuri overhears Dominic saying to the group, he was startled when everyone cheers in unison.

Said one, "Hey, stop it!"

Although the blonde is still grinning irrationally in his friend's attic, Yuri draws him to one side. "Why must you tell the others?"

"We were worried that you might like your sister romantically but now we are glad that it didn't turn out to be like that."

"Yeah, right, "With a squint and a roll of the eyes, he asks, "But what do you mean by 'whipped'? You can see that I'm not."

Dominic gave him amused look and Yuri didn't like it a bit. "You changed when you told us you got married. You used to sit in one place for hours, but now you check your watch every five minutes!"

Yuri looked at him in bewilderment. "Have you tallied up everything thus far?"

The answer is obvious: "Of course, I would."

Shaking his head, Yuri was taken aback by his casual shrug.

As in, "Alright, but that doesn't signify anything—"

"You used to stay here and pull all-nighters for four days, working nonstop."Dominic cuts in, wriggling his eyebrows with a knowing smile, "But, man! As soon as the clock hits 5, you would be outside of the building already!"

Defiantly, Yuri crossed his arms and laughed at the charges.

"That still doesn't prove anything."

"I was just like you when I first started dating Camilla."

The prospect of his pal having a romantic life makes the blonde grin.

"Who is the fortunate young lady?"

"That's none of your business..."The raven-haired trails off and stopped walking.

Dominic turned to Yuri in perplexity when he suddenly stood frozen, mouth agape and eyes widened.

"Uh, dude?"

"See you tomorrow, Dom."Yuri quickly said to his friend, feeling his heart flutter in his chest when he saw your figure across the street.

It didn't take long for Dominic to realize his reason, only watching his colleague from behind with an amused smile on his face.

Oh, he is absolutely whipped.

To put it another way: he was. As you stopped to allow him to catch up, his face lit up, and now that you were strolling down the street together, he seems completely besotted by you. When he succeeded in making you laugh at his lame joke, he beamed with pride, his eyes twinkling and a wistful smile appearing on his lips.

It's clear that you've completely captivated Yuri Briar's heart.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

nah, cuz I forgot when Wednesday is.