𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗 ;

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ; 𝐃𝐎𝐆

━━━━━━━━━━━━

A German shepherd breed dog sat in front of the door of your apartment excitedly as you stared it down in perplexity. Scratching the back of your head, you look at the man, who is holding the leash to keep it from escaping.

"So..."You let out a strained chuckle, "What does this mean?"

"Handler told me to give you this dog."

You blinked, a small disbelief smile crept up slowly, "The Fullmetal Lady?"

He simply nodded, taking your hand and putting the leash in your palm, curling it close after a light pat of assurance. The way he flashed you an innocent grin didn't help to ease your heart when his following words didn't match his demeanor at all.

"He is your problem now, Agent Hiraeth."

"Fuck-"

"Well, see you tomorrow!"In literally a blink of an eye, he disappeared, leaving behind the 'problem' in your care. To say this dog is a problem is a bit harsh but...

"I definitely deserve a raise."You softly sighed to yourself, kneeling to the level height of the dog. You hold out your hand for it to put its paw on it, gently shaking it as if it was a gesture of greeting. "You will be in my care, it seems."

Obviously, you tried to ignore the judgemental stares your cats gave to you from behind.

───────────────

"You haven't named the dog?"He questioned, giving you a look as if you were stupid, but you were sure he didn't mean that at all, probably.

Meeting up with the boy who owns a dog was the best solution for your dilemma, as you definitely have no idea how to raise one. His and your dog's breed is German shepherd, so you concluded that he knows what is best for your dog.

"I already brought her to the vet for her health check and to get a vaccine."You hummed, gazing over to the two dogs playing together from afar until the son of Desmond obscured your gaze.

"That didn't answer my question!"He retorts, taking you by surprise, "What kind of owner didn't name their dog?"

"The... next door's daughter?"

"What a despicable human being she is."

"Where did you learn that-"

"You too."

"I'm the adult here, kid."

"Yeah, sure."He huffed, crossing his arms. "So, what are you going to name her?"

"Lily."The word unconsciously slipped from your lips without much thought. However, you did not attempt to take it back. Damian quirked an eyebrow at your answer.

"It's not a bad name, but why?"

You shrugged, "It's the name of my favorite flower, I guess."

"That doesn't sound convincing."

"Oh, shut up."You rolled your eyes and stood up from the bench, eyes settled on your vintage watch around your wrist, "Shouldn't you go home? It's getting late."

Your words made him look around, proving them to be true when the street lamp flickered on with the two of you being the remained ones in the park. The cold wind of twilight had him clutching onto his coat.

"What time is it?"

"It's quarter to seven."His eyes widened. Weird. He was sure only 30 minutes had passed when it turned out to be 2 hours. He snapped out from his thought when you held out his hand for him to take; your other hand is holding the dogs' leashes.

"What is it?"

You tilted your head, "I'm sending you back?"

"Why?"

" 'why'? Kid, do you want to get kidnapped? Had them cut your limbs and take your organs to sell in the black market? The worst case, the child marriage- you get what I mean."You finished exaggerating your words when the color on his face was completely white. Maybe you took it too far.

"A-Alright, fine! But I ain't holding your hand!"

You blinked once, unable to comprehend his sudden outburst due to your offer, and pulled away your hand, "If you say so."

"What are you doing here?"

Your and Damian's eyes flickered to the voice's owner, and you scoffed.

"Minding my own business. Why don't you mind yours?"

Yuri gave you a painful gasp, "After all we have done together, you are still rude to me."

"Mind me remind you that yesterday's event was the only thing we have done 'together,' Briar."

Not knowing what to say as you two continued bickering, Damian tugged your pinky finger for your attention, and he succeeded, also earning Yuri's too. He pointed at the sky, and you mentally congratulations him for giving you a chance to flee from the black-haired male.

"Oh, dear. Look at the time!"You intentionally say it out loud with a spurious look of shock and show him your watch though you fail to notice his, "It's getting late, so I better get going. Farewell, and no, I hope we don't meet again."

"Oh, shucks! I'm also heading the same way!"

"No, you don't- Leave us alone, or I will call the police!"

"Sike! I am the police!"He proudly stated, showing you his badge to your face until you swatted his hand away.

"That's a fake."

"Excuse me?"

"There's no way someone like you become a police officer."

"EXCUSE YOU?"

What a loud pair, Damian silently pondered but weirdly, he loved this kind of noise. It wasn't like a fight that would lead the couple to divorce. This is a more playful one and means no harm. That's what he first thought till he noticed the two of you wearing a matching watch.

He couldn't help but envy who will be your soon-to-be child.