Chapter 61

[A/N] Hello! I will be changing the archangels' names in this book. It just doesn't feel right for me to use actual names of actual archangels, it makes me feel guilty.:'>

So, here are the name changes for the archangels who have been mentioned already;

Zadkiel = Zarius
Gabriel = Gilan (pronounced as Gee-Lan)
Michael = Melphim
Sandalphon = Solous (pronounced as So-Lus)

For those wondering, Phalmus is a made up archangel by me. From this chapter onwards, you will only be encountering fictional archangels.

I apologize for this sudden change and if you are confused or want to ask me something regarding this matter, don't hesitate to leave a comment!

As always, stay safe and enjoy reading!

Pearl.
The sky was bright, clear and vibrant. The sun was shining, the clouds were dancing and the world was silent. Usually, days with pure silence and calmness would cheer me up and encourage me to sit down and read a book. But the brightness of the sky was in contrast with the darkness that awaited us. Soon, I imagined the sun would be angry, blazing upon those who interrupted its peace. The clouds would roar, yelling at the insolence beneath them. The world would be disturbed, frightened by the brutality and savagery of its inhabitants. Nothing of the sort was peace. The calmness of everything around us was a mere illusion. This day did not cheer me up nor did it encourage me to read a book.. it only disheartened me.

To my right, Sapphire and Weiss were talking in hushed voices. I could hear Sapphire repeatedly telling Weiss that she loves her and Weiss calming her down, saying that no one will die. It's the first time I've seen her be comforting.. knowing that Weiss was being optimistic made me smile. Behind me, Vaye and Lucilia were arguing. Vaye was furious on why Lucilia didn't let Weiss teleport Amethyst and Angeline to somewhere safe. Lucilia argued that Amethyst and Angeline wouldn't want to run away whilst the rest of us fought for our lives. On this matter, I sided with Vaye. I believed it would be better if Amethyst and Angeline were in some safe place far away. But I also understood that the two humans wouldn't want to be away from their lovers who were fighting for them.

My thoughts disappeared when an arm snaked around my waist. I looked at my left and saw Eva staring at me. "What's wrong?" She asked, making me face her and then placed her hand on my cheek, caressing it.

"This day.. It's full of uncertainties, Eva.. for all I know we could all die in the hands of what people would assume is the most merciful creature." I knew being pessimistic right now served no help but I couldn't help it. Overthinking has been a weakness of mine for years.

Eva shook her head, "Babe, I will never let anything happen to you. And sure the war carries uncertainties but there is something that I am certain of."

"What is it?"

She smiled, "That I.. that I.. that I love you. And because I love you, I'm certain that nothing will happen to us both. You're my life and I literally cannot live without you so expect that I and our people will protect our Luna."

"I love you too, Eva.. when we get separated in the chaos.. make sure to mindlink with me alright? Communicate with me at all times." It was our advantage as mates and wolves. We can mindlink with each other at any time.

Eva nodded, "I'll be with you, everywhere you go and you'll be with me, everywhere I go." I smiled and leaned in to give her a quick kiss.

"Alert! Be on alert!" I flinched in surprise at Lucilia's yelling. I looked up and saw Lucilia in her demon form, looking around.