Chapter 23

Pearl.
I gave an uninterested look at Sapphire as she talked about how angry she was at Weiss for stealing her chocolates. These two always argue about the stupidest things and I always have to be the one to endure Sapphire ranting about it. The only reason why I was sitting here whilst Sapphire ranted was because I was waiting for Eva. Eva and I decided to check on my old pack, the Purple Moon Pack. Eva told me that the Purple Moon Pack has chosen a new Alpha and it was Jerry. Jerry was my dad's Beta so it made sense why they chose him.

To be honest, I should have been the new Alpha but I do not desire such position. Sure, I have the Alpha blood and all but I just do not want to become an Alpha. But even though I do not want to become the Alpha, Eva told me that the pack members of the Purple Moon Pack all know that I am their true Alpha therefore, I have more power over the pack than Jerry. Jerry is like their boss and I'm the president, something like that. Eva said that I should view it as practice for when I become Eva's wife. Just remembering it makes me want to hide in my room.

"Pearl? Yo? Are you even listening?" I snapped out of my thoughts and glanced at Sapphire who was frowning at me.

I raised a brow at her, "Sapphire.. The next time you and Weiss argue about little things such as foods, please do warn me so I can run away from you." Sapphire laughed whilst I only shook my head at her.

But Sapphire's laughter soon died when we both noticed something different in the room. A smell.. it was different, it was a mixture of some dangerous bloody smell and an oddly sweet smell. I quickly stood up and my senses were alert as I tried to find the source of the smell. What surprised me the most was the source of the smell casually walking in the room and sitting besides Sapphire.

I eyed the source of the smell to figure out what was wrong and then the answer hit me like a train. "Why are you guys staring at me like that?" Amethyst asked with a nervous chuckle.

"You.. you and Vaye mated?"

Amethyst blushed, "I-I well.. yeah? I mean she asked permission to mark me and then I agreed?"

Sapphire jumped, "Woah! You guys fucked?!" I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at Sapphire's dramatic response. I guess it shouldn't be much of a surprise. Vaye and Amethyst have been together for more than five years already and in those five years, they've never touched each other in an intimate way so I'm glad they've finally done it. But I'm also not glad because mated mates means extra PDA.

Amethyst jokingly slapped Sapphire's shoulder, "Shut up! You're being too loud!"

"Sweetie, every supernatural here can smell your scent. I'm a hundred percent sure they already know that the great vampire queen has finally popped her human mate's cherry." I looked at my right and saw Lucilia entering the room with her infamous smirk.

I rolled my eyes. Great, here comes the devil. Since I am still not on great terms with this demon, I decided to take that as my cue to leave. Once I was out of the living room, I decided to search for Eva because she was taking too long. I decided to head to Vaye's office first.

Once I was in front of Vaye's office, I politely knocked on the door first. I held a neutral expression when the door magically opened by itself. I guess I've become really used to all of these weirdness. I sighed in relief when I saw Eva, Weiss and Vaye in the room. Eva looked up and smiled at me.

"Hey, sorry for taking too long, babe. We were just arranging some stuff for tomorrow because Gaia and Cynthia are visiting us again." Oh? Gaia and Cynthia visiting? I can see a lot of good outcomes and one bad outcome. What's the bad outcome, you ask? Well it's Lucilia being a complete idiot and dragging Gaia away to torture her.

"The two of you bitches can handle it from here. I'm heading out with the love of my life." Eva stated, casually throwing her pen at Vaye as she skipped towards me.

"Idiot." Weiss mumbled, rolling her eyes at Eva. I only chuckled in return as I grabbed Eva's hand and led her out of Vaye's office.

"So what do we know about Jerry?" I asked as Eva and I walked to the outside of Vaye's castle. From my peripheral vision, I could see Eva giving me a weird look.

"Don't you remember him, babe? He was your beta after all."

I simply shook my head, "No, not like that. What do we know about his past? Was he a criminal? Did he have any negative past event that could suddenly turn him evil? What if he's being manipulative?"

I didn't realize that Eva stopped walking. I looked at her and saw her giving me an amused smile. I scowled, "What?"

"You're nervous." She stated, smiling like the stupid queen that she is. But although she was my stupid queen, she was still right. I knew I was nervous and I didn't want it to seem obvious to Eva. I should have known that Eva could see right through me.

Choosing to stay silent, I only rolled my eyes at her before continuing my walk to our helicopter. Ignoring Eva's triumphant laugh, I went in the helicopter and waited for Eva to hop in. I cleared my throat and was about to ask Eva about Jerry once more but then I remembered my dad.. How is he? It's been years since I've seen him.. I wonder.. I wonder if he's doing better?

"Babe?" I looked at my right and saw Eva with a worried expression on her face. She cupped my cheeks and asked, "Are you okay? Do you need some fuck?"

Before I could push Eva off the helicopter, she immediately said, "No! No, I-I wasn't supposed to say that, I'm sorry. Let me rephrase that, um, what's wrong, baby?"

I honestly wanted to scold Eva but I just wanted to be through with it. Taking a deep breath, I asked, "How's my dad?"

And just like that, Eva's expression immediately became serious. She cleared her throat before stating, "He's good. He's in a mental hospital like you asked." Unsatisfied with her answer, I frowned.

"Yes, but how is he? Is he getting better?" Eva refused to look at me and that made me suspicious of her. Getting impatient, I placed a hand on Eva's shoulder and asked with a forced smile.

"How is he, love?"

Eva sighed, "Babe, I didn't want to tell you but it looks like you're not taking no as an answer. Your dad.. Tyran's not doing so well. He's not getting better and he keeps assuming every nurse he sees is you. What's worse is that he's been refusing to take the meds, the doctors always have to force him."

I looked away from Eva as I absorbed the new information. My dad.. he treated me so well when I was a child. He gave me everything I wanted, he called me his little girl. I used to think of him as my hero. And hearing what Eva told me about dad was heart breaking. The man who raised me was suffering in silence.. all alone and broken.. that's it. I'm going to see him.

"Eva, after we visit the Purple Moon Pack, we're going to see dad." I stated, my voice firm and serious.

Choosing not to argue, Eva only kissed my cheek in return. "He'll be okay, baby." But I wasn't only worried about dad. I was worried about me as well.

What would happen to me when I see him?

[A/N] Hello! Sorry for the late upload, school's been freaking crazy. Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed this.. idk a bit boring chapter? :3 And I know I said this book will have lots of smut but expect some wholesome content for the next two chapters. We'll be taking a dive in Pearl's past.

And as always, enjoy reading~!