Chapter 22

Amethyst.
As I stared at Vaye who was patiently waiting for my answer, I felt completely dumb. She was right. I didn't think this through.. my thoughts were so focused on the war, I forgot about what I really wanted. If there was no war and Vaye and I were just happy little mates, would I still want to be a vampire? I mean, yes, I do want to be a vampire but this soon? I'm still young, do I want to give up my humanity this soon? I don't know.. I don't know anything. If I want to be a vampire, it has to be because I desire it, not because of other reasons. I mean.. I do want to be a vampire in the future because I want to live with Vaye forever but I know I'm not ready yet. I guess it's just too soon.

I looked down and sighed. But if I stay as a human.. I won't be able to contribute in the war.. my friends will be worried about me, Vaye will be worried about me and I don't want that to happen. I want them to focus on themselves and the war, I want to be able to fight without having them worry about me..

"Then I'll have to train you." I looked up and saw Vaye giving me a loving smile. She approached me and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"I'm sorry for reading your mind, baby but I couldn't help it. I'm not gonna stand here while my lover fights herself. Babe, I know your main concern is about the war and how you'll be able to fight. And I know you don't want us worrying about you so I figured I'll train you myself. I'll teach you everything you need to know about combat, whether it's with a weapon, or just a hand to hand combat. I'll even ask Angeline to join us so she can tell you the angel's weaknesses. We'll work together baby so when the time comes, I'll fight with a calm heart knowing that you can handle yourself."

Vaye.. training me? My cheeks reddened as I remembered what happened earlier. I couldn't focus on Vaye's words because her body was distracting me. I love Vaye and all but I don't know if I can focus if she's the one training me.. just imagining it, I already feel so hot. I cleared my throat and mumbled, "But if you train me.. I'll be distracted by your body.."

Hearing this, Vaye laughed out loud. I groaned and covered my cheeks. I shouldn't have said that! Ugh, now I feel like a pervert, great. I impatiently waited for Vaye to stop laughing but she still continued. I scowled and glared at her. Noticing my look, Vaye took a deep breath to stop herself from laughing. With a cheeky grin, Vaye said, "I'm sorry, baby. I just couldn't help it, you looked so cute when you said that."

Rolling my eyes with blazing cheeks, I decided to change the subject. "A-Anyways, fine. I'll let you train me bu-but no funny business! And Angeline has to be there.. I'll feel better with another human beside me." Vaye smiled and nodded.

"So.. just to make it clear, will you stay as a human or will you join me and my people?"

With a smile, I stated, "I'll stay as a human for now.. but in the future, I expect you to make me one hot vampire."

Vaye grinned and winked at me, "It's a promise, baby." And with that, she grabbed my waist to pull me closer as she smashed her lips on mine.

I instantly moaned when her lips made contact with mine. Not wasting a single second, Vaye inserted her tongue which made me moan even more. I could feel the blood rush to my cheeks when I felt Vaye's tongue play with mine. Running out of breath, I slowly pulled away. Suddenly, an idea went through my head. Smirking, I told Vaye, "Stuck out your tongue, baby."

Although confused, Vaye still obeyed and stuck out her tongue. Feeling extra naughty because of my idea, I went to work. I began to suck on Vaye's tongue. I heard her gasp as I continued to suck on her tongue. I heard Vaye moan but before I could take it further, I pulled away again. Vaye was breathing heavily and her red eyes were now a shade darker. I could also see her fangs now. And honestly? She looked so freaking hot. I bit my lip as I pushed Vaye on our bed. She fell and I immediately sat on top of her.