Volleyball Tournament

WARNING, CONTAINS SEXUAL  ACTIVITIES.

****

I wake up and the first thing I do is look at my tattoo. With any person I would've defiantly regretted it, but with Jere, It felt right. Today was the day of the volleyball tournament. The day Taylor comes to town. I haven't talked to her since our fight, Its not like I want to.

Belly said she talked to her and she's really sorry. I wanted to talk to her, see her perspective, and today was my day to do that. Taylor and Belly always do the volleyball tournament together every summer. This summer though, I signed up and I didn't have a partner so I just signed my name down and if there's another player who needs a partner they can join me. 

I wasn't to worried about it though. I get up and start getting dressed. I put on Nike Pros and my shirt that says, "Team Oli." It was a light purple long sleeved shirt. I put my hair in a bubble braid with elastics and put on my sunglasses. I hear the doorbell ring and It must be Taylor. I ignore It and go back to getting ready. As Im about to put on deodorant my door opens.

"Olls, can I come in?" Its Taylor. "Uh yeah sure." She sits on my bed and signals me to sit. I walk over and I just simply say, "Why did you do it Taylor? You knew I liked him, you knew It would hurt me" Taylor sighs and goes to say something then stops herself.

"Oli, Its because I was jealous, you've always had everything I didn't, boys and girls  who actually care about you , your gorgeous, kind, and an amazing friend. I took advantage of your kindness and used what you trusted me with against you. I am so sorry, please forgive me Oli." I see tears pouring down her cheeks and I pull her into a hug.

"Taylor please don't cry, Its okay I forgive you." I hold her face in my hands and say, " And you have nothing to be jealous of,  you are funny, kind, and drop dead gorgeous. You may not have found the right boy yet, but I promise you'll find the one." She hugs back, tighter this time. We sit like this for a few seconds until she says, "So when were you gonna tell me you got a tattoo!" She says examining my wrist in her hand.

"Me and Jere got matching ones." I say smiling. " Thats so cute, I love it! Well I better go get dressed! See you later Olls!" She walks out and then I head downstairs. I head to the kitchen to fill up my water bottle and Jere Is sitting at the island eating cereal and looking at his phone. "Morning Jere!" I say sitting down next to him and screwing on my water bottle cap. He leans In and kisses me, "Good morning my love." I didn't even notice Susannah standing in the doorway.

"So what do we have here!" She says excitedly. She crosses her arms and walks over to us, " Soooo, what's going on here?" I open my mouth to speak but then jere cuts me off, "Well Mom, me and Oli are dating." She looks thrilled at the news, "I knew it, I knew the second she got out the car you wouldn't last a week she says smirking while pouring her cup of coffee. 

" I mean, she is pretty irresistible." He looks at me and smiles. "Did you tell her the surprise yet Jere?" Susannah says looking over to us sipping her coffee . I look confused and Jere says, " Well Oli, I signed up to be your partner!" He says smiling. "Aw, really! Thank you Jere! I hug him and give him a kiss on the cheek. "Your the best." 

****

We arrive at the tournament and see all the teams, Belly and Taylor, me and Jere, Shayla and Steven, and a bunch of other teams from around cousins. Me and Jere are first to play, we play these men In red shirts and before we start I say to him, "Alright Jere, pass, set, hit you know the drill. He nods his head and we do our handshake, high five into a heart.

We beat the red team like a breeze, then we play the light blue team, it was close but we beat them. Then we play Shayla and Steven, its 23-24 us , we need 25 to win. I serve the ball and hit the very outside corner. I score the winning point and Jere runs over and picks me up and spins me around .