29. Vodka Soda please

!possible Trigger Warning!

Maddy's POV

It has been two weeks since my best friend died. Life without Sarah felt empty. Even if we had a rough time right before she died, we grew up together. 

I had known Sarah my entire life, the moment my parents got invited over to the Cameron household was the moment Sarah and I became best friends. I had never known a life without her and never in a million years would I have thought that I would ever do. 

But here I am, trying to live my life without the blonde sunshine by my side. Sarah and I were inseparable, not having her stand with me was a weird feeling. 

I felt numb and most of all I felt sick and anxious, I couldn't get rid of the feeling no matter what I tried. 

Maybe this feeling isn't just because of the death of my best friend but also because my family turned out to be more evil than I had ever imagined. My father threatened to kill me and yet my mother didn't bother to step in. 

My brother helped covering everything up, the abuse, the threats, just everything. I felt mostly betrayed by him, he used to be my hero, my anchor and now he was just an imposter. Another end boss I had to get by before I could leave this hell hole and live my life again. 

I started questioning whether I would ever be able to live normally again. Would I always feel this void inside of my chest or would it disappear one day? 

I kept begging the universe to make me forget about the last few months, how I started falling for someone that was able to kill another living person. How I messed up my best friend's and I's relationship. And how I kept thriving for the attention of a father that never loved me. 

A father figure that I no longer decided to impress but more likely to despise. I used to think of my father as a hero, the saver of the world, but now he was just another killer. 

My boyfriend or ex or whatever has been snorting coke up his nostrils for the past two weeks, I hadn't seen him after Sarah died. Well, he came by wanting to talk to me but I just told him to get lost. I knew he was hanging out at the cut, laying low and getting high by any second.

On my part, I tried to drown my thoughts and my feelings any chance I got. After my father had basically pictured me as a mentally ill little girl I wasn't relevant to the police anymore. I mean why would they care about a broken 18-year-old student that hasn't even graduated high school yet and still owns double the money they will ever own in their entire fucking life. 

The void inside of me hurt, it didn't only make me feel sick but it hurt, it was the worst pain I had ever experienced and yet it bought a great comfort inside of me. Knowing I could feel the pain of my heart breaking, it getting ripped out of my chest and still having to live through the next long years of my sorry excuse of a life, made me realize I was alive.