63. The VIP life

Rafe's POV

Rafe's POV

The party, Barry and I were hosting was in full swing. I decided to forget about Maddy, just for today. She had messed up big time. 

Ah fuck let's not talk about it. 

The alcohol that was running down my throat and had been running down my throat for a few hours now made my mind foggy. It eased my thoughts and my brain. 

I was relaxed finally, everything with my dad and with Maddy was something future Rafe would handle but right now there was other stuff to do. 

I was quite tipsy when the pretty brunette walked up to me. I hadn't seen her for quite some time and honestly, I was happy she was here. 

She was easy, she didn't know any drama she was just there. Present in the moment. So when I stumbled down the stairs and laid my eyes on her my heart made a little jump. 

Not that I had feelings for her or anything but it was nice seeing her. I knew she liked me, so was it that mad to want someone to just look at me and like me for who I am? 

Someone who I was enough for. Someone who would not go around and let herself get kissed by some Pogue. Ah fuck, let's not talk about Maddy. 

"Yo Sophia", I yelled at the brunette girl that was holding a red solo cup in her hands. She was talking to some chicks from the island. 

"Hey Rafe", she smiled, her green eyes looking up at me. Fuck was this a good idea? 

"Now what are you doing here?", I asked quite tipsy. My eyes were focused on her because everything else was just a little wanky. 

"I heard this cute guy is throwing a party, wouldn't miss it for the world", she smiled taking a sip from her cup. 

I chuckled, "Oh really? And who might this 'cute guy' be?".

"Hm, I think I'm looking at him right now", she smiled up at me, standing right in front of me as her hand was placed on my chest. 

For some reason, I couldn't push her away. Barry was right, Maddy was probably with JJ right now. Why else wouldn't she have tried to call me today?

"You're a tease, miss Sophia", I said taking another huge sip from my glass. The strong alcohol was burning my throat once again. 

"Really? Why?", she asked biting her lower lip softly. My eyes were focused on her the entire time, "Where's your little girl?"

"Maddy?", I asked. 

"Hm-mm"

"Let's not talk about her today, shall we?", I asked wrapping my arm around the brunette's shoulder.

"You wanna show me the balcony? I always wanted to look at the island from it", Sophia asked taking another sip. 

"Of course my lady, if you would follow me", I chuckled guiding the girl upstairs to the upstairs living room where our big balcony was connected to.