43. Hey pretty lady

Maddy's POV

Maddy's POV

It was early in the morning, I was getting ready in Rafe's bathroom while the blonde boy kept sleeping peacefully. Sadly I had to go to school today even though I didn't even want to go.  

It felt like every time I went to school something new happened, well to be honest I hadn't gone to school in over a week so that wasn't even that crazy. 

My mother had excused me for the missing days and I was actually talking to her about getting home-schooled or doing online school because I'm missing so many days but she refused and said I should just keep going to school. 

That's why I was putting on the school uniform skirt as well as the white polo. Today I decided to wear them with my Converse, not really in the mood to wear anything else. 

After I was done doing my makeup and my entire morning routine, I went back into Rafe's room and gave his forehead a kiss. 

"Stay", he mumbled but I just chuckled and left the boys' room. 

I went downstairs, wanting to grab a coffee as a whole breakfast was placed in front of me by no other person than Rose. 

"Eat", she smiled sweetly while she sat down in front of me. She had prepared some Greek yogurt as well as some granola along with some cut-up fruit. 

"Thank you", I smiled as she placed another bowl in front of her. 

"Are you sure you're gonna be fine at school today?", she asked, her eyes completely focusing on me. 

It was weird having someone that actually cared or at least pretended to care for me. 

"Yeah, I have to, I missed so many days already I can't miss a lot more", I explained taking a bite from the delicious breakfast. 

"I understand. You know, I'm sorry for your loss, I really am. But I think you're doing amazing also with Rafe. If I had to be honest with you, he always scared me but since you two started dating he became a whole different person", the blonde woman smiled. 

I returned that smile, "Thanks. I just hope he stays like that. After the whole Peterkin accident, everything changed but he seems fine, right?"

"I hope so Baby", Rose replied as a comfortable silence fell over us. 

We ate the rest of our breakfast in silence until it was time for me to leave for school. I was kind of nervous to see if people would say anything negative but at the end of the day who cared?

"Thanks for the breakfast", I smiled placing the bowl down in the dishwasher.

"Of course, I hope I'll see you around soon", Rose smiled getting up as well. 

I just nodded and went out the front door. The air began to get a little bit more chill due to the fact it was almost October but in Outer Banks it was always quite warm.