𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐄

━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎𝑹𝑬𝑩𝑬𝑪𝑪𝑨 𝑴𝑰𝑻𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑳𝑳✈︎

"Becca?!" I'm pulled out of my trance by my mom's voice. I turn in the swivel chair she has placed at the kitchen bar. "Are you going to answer my question?" I give her a confused look. Clearly I wasn't paying attention until now. What makes her think I know what she is talking about? "How did last night go?"

"It was fine. Saw some old faces." I turn back around. "Some very old faces." I mumble. I still haven't asked her about dad. I didn't know if she had seen him as well.

"You saw him didn't you?" She asks.

Well. Guess that answers that question.

"Dad?" I ask.

Her lips turn up. "I was talking about Bradley but that was my next question..."

"Why is he here?" I seethe. "And why didn't he tell me he was coming? I haven't seen him in almost two years!" But who's counting right?

Mom sighs, standing from her seat on the couch. "From what he told me, it was a very last minute thing. He got into some trouble and Ice requested that he come here."

"Kazansky?" I scoff. Of course he'd show up for his wingman.

"But don't worry Becca, I am positive you'll see him soon." She smirks. I furrow my brows at her, not trusting the sentences that just left her mouth. She grabs my keys and tosses them across the room to me. "We'll talk more later. You're going to be late." She states looking at the clock.

I catch my keys. I run my hands over my uniform. It feels good to be back in this bad boy. "Wish me luck." I sigh as I head towards the door.

To Top Gun I go.

***

"Good morning, C-Bomb!" Hangman calls out as I enter the room. "What happened to you last night? Couldn't hang?"

I roll my eyes. "I couldn't bring myself to watch you lose to Rooster. Far too painful." I wink at Bradley before taking the seat beside him.

"Haha very funny. I won by the way!" He hollers.

Phoenix scoffs. "Don't flatter yourself, Bagman. You only won cause Rooster was moping and bailed out after five minutes."

I look to Bradley. "Seriously? You let Crapbag win?"

"Stop it with the nicknames!" Hangman exclaims. Cyclone, Hondo, and Warlock enter the room and start talking.

"Why were you moping?" I ask quietly.

He shrugs. "This cute chick abandoned me at the bar.." my jaw drops. I'm not given a chance to reply to that though.

"Attention on deck!" A voice yells making us jump from our seats. "Morning, I'm Admiral Bates. You all may be seated." We sit down. "You're all Top Gun graduates." I sit up straighter in my seat as Admiral Bates speaks. "You are elite pilots. You are the best of the best. That's why we have brought you back. But that was yesterday." My smile fades a bit. "The enemy's new 5th generation fighter jet has leveled the playing field. Details are few, but you can be sure that we no longer possess the technological advantage. Success is now more than ever attached to the man or woman inside the box. Half of you will pass the elimination. One of you will be designated as the mission leader." Hangman looks back at Rooster in a taunting manner. "The remaining half will remain as reinforcements."