𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐈𝐑

━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎𝑹𝑬𝑩𝑬𝑪𝑪𝑨 𝑴𝑰𝑻𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑳𝑳✈︎

"Promise me you'll be safe today."

I roll my eyes as I slide another bobby pin through my hair. "I don't even know if they'll put me in the air yet."

Mom sighs. She's been worried sick about this mission for weeks, even now when I'm not even helping with it. "I'm sure they will-"

"Mom I got kicked." I snap my head in her direction. "I'm only going because we have trained for weeks and they need my support. If Cyclone happens to change his mind about kicking me then that's great. But it's unlikely."

She shakes her head. "You're so much like him."

I smile to myself. "I know."

"Gosh I just hope nothing goes wrong." She runs a hand through her hair.

"Don't speak it into existence!" I hiss.

"I'm sorry but your Dad is just so strong willed and with everything else going on-"

"You love him." I blurt out.

Her eyes widen as she looks to me. "What?"

"Mom you have never acted this way with any other man before. If you deny it then you're crazy." I shake my head.

"I-I know that but-"

"You're scared." I cut her off. "Scared he's going to leave again. Cause he always does." She bites her lip as she has a staring contest with the ground. "It's fine. I am too." I say making her look back up at me. "It seems every time I get close to him he just slips out of my grasp again."

"Yet he always has a good reason." She breathes out.

"He loves us. He loves you." I grab her shoulders. "He's not going to leave us again." She nods and engulfs me in a hug.

"Be safe." She whispers before letting me go.

"I will." I go to leave but my jewelry dish catches my eye. Oh no. "Where is it?" I panic

"Where's what?" She asks.

I start searching drawers. "My engagement ring. I-It was right here!"

"Don't panic! Maybe Amelia was playing with it." She tries to calm me down.

"I highly doubt that. She's the most tomboy tomboy I've ever met!" How did I lose that ring? I haven't even touched it!

"I'll look for it, you go on." She ushers me out of the bathroom. Shoot I'm going to be late.

I grab my things and head toward the door. "Don't die!" Amelia calls out from the couch.

I roll my eyes. "Don't plan on it, Mia!"

***