𝐇_𝐍𝐆𝐌_𝐍

━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎𝑹𝑬𝑩𝑬𝑪𝑪𝑨 𝑴𝑰𝑻𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑳𝑳✈︎

"You're here early." I turn my head to find Phoenix. I'm relieved to see her, I haven't talked to her much since she got back into town. Finally I can talk to a girl that's not my mom or little sister.

"Thought I'd get an early start." I run my hands through my hair as I braid it back so it's out of my way. She stands at the sink beside me. "Early bird gets the worm right?"

"What's the worm in this scenario?" She giggles.

I shrug. "No idea. In all honesty, I didn't feel like fighting with Amelia this morning. She claims I take too long to get ready, and she has a test so she's stressed."

"That's nice of you."

"I told you, I can be nice when I want to be." I tie my elastic around the ends of my hair, I tried to braid my hair extra tight so it wouldn't fall out.

"So how is everything?" She inquires. I don't know if she's referring to Top Gun, Rooster, or just life in general.

"I'm a bit stressed, not gonna lie. But aren't we all." I look over at her.

She bites her lip as if she's about to regret asking her next question. "And uh how are things with the Rooster?"

I sigh turning my focus to the sink drain. "Good, I think." She give a look. I take a deep breath in. "I don't know. I want there to still be something there but I also don't want to get hurt again."

"Do you think he still has feelings for you?" She quirks a brow at me.

"He's hard to read. But yes, I really do." I mumble. I hate being vulnerable but with Phoenix it's easy.

"Then that's all that matters. But maybe deal with it all after the mission. Let him come to you about it." She heads for the door.

"Good talk, Phoenix." I pat her shoulder and leave the bathroom with her. It's almost time for us to start training again.

"Cherry Bomb!" Hangman yells from up the hall. "Just the girl I was looking for."

"You got this under control?" Phoenix whispers.

"Yeah I can handle Barbie." I nod my head towards Hangman. She laughs, patting my shoulder. She walks into the "classroom" giving Hangman a glare as she goes by. I sigh stopping in front of him. "What do you want, Hangman?"

"I want you to help me make sure I'm not seeing things here." He holds up a photo. A really old one. "Is this Bradshaw?" I look closely. It is actually. Baby Bradshaw. It was taken a few days before Goose passed.

"Yes it is." I look up at him. "Can I go now?" I walk around him but he grabs my arm.

"Not so fast. Who's that?" He points to a little girl in the background of the picture.