𝐂-𝐁𝐎𝐌𝐁

━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎𝑹𝑬𝑩𝑬𝑪𝑪𝑨 𝑴𝑰𝑻𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑳𝑳✈︎

"Good morning." My mom calls as she walks past the bathroom. She seems happy, too happy. It was the next morning and after the events of last night I have a lot of questions. "When did you get in last night?"

"You didn't hear me come in?" I use my teeth to split apart the bobby-pin in my hand.

"I heard Amelia but I must have fallen asleep before you got home." She stands in the doorway, leaning against the frame.

"Maybe." I shrug.

"So what happened last night? You didn't come in the bar after your dogfight." She quirks a brow at me. This should be interesting.

"I was on the beach with Rooster." I slide my bobby-pin into my bun.

A smirk appears on her face. "Ooo. Rooster?"

I nod. "That's his name, don't wear it out."

"How is Bradley doing?" She asks.

"He seems to be doing good. We had fun last night." I smile to myself.

"Well I'm glad. What did you guys do? Was it a date?" She's so nosey.

"We went for a swim, laid in the sand, came back here and showered, and then sat on the roof drinking daiquiris." I glance back at her.

Her happy look slowly turns into a worried one. "Oh."

"It was nice until a motorcycle started roaring and you brought Dad home!" I turn and snap my straightener at her.

"You heard?" She whispers.

My eyes widen. "Heard? I saw everything!"

"Everything?!" She exclaims.

"Yes! He walked you inside then you two hung out all night." I exclaim.

Her expression softens, although she still looks rather startled. "Hung out... Yes." She mumbles as she walks down the hall.

Then realization hits me. "Ew! Oh my go-! Mom!"

***

"Your target is the uranium enrichment plant..."

I could barely pay attention. My head was spinning.

Mom and Dad are back together. Like together, together. Not that that's a bad thing. I just never thought that it would happen. Especially right now with everything going on. Ever since I was younger they would see each other, flirt, and then go on with their lives. Now this could be a permanent thing.

And I don't know for sure how I feel about that.

"We will start working sooner than expected." Now they've got my attention. "The raw uranium will be delivered to the plant in 10 days." My stomach churns. "As a result, your mission has been pushed forward a week. To avoid contaminating the target valley with radiation."