Chapter 31.

I stayed in my bed for awhile and Anakin didn't come out of his room until some geonosians came to bring us food.

When he came out he was still in a mood.

I wasn't good at confrontation, but I wanted to ask him if he was going to be finished sulking soon.

I tried making small talk but he would just give one word answers and eventually I gave up.

We kept to ourselves the whole day, both of us trying hard to find something to do. I was glad I packed a couple of books. It gave me something to do while we waited to be called upon.

Once it started getting late and Anakin was still acting snippy I turned on him.

"Are you really that upset? What is going on with you? You're acting like a child." I finally snapped.

"Excuse me?" Anakin looked at me in surprise.

"You've been sulking all day and frankly I'm tired of it! What is your problem?" I asked.

"Nothing." Anakin snapped and I threw my hands in the air.

"Okay, so it's going to be like this? I thought we were friends. Why are you doing this?"

"Yeah and I thought you had a little more faith in me. I've seen you with him. I know you trust him more than me." Anakin couldn't meet my eyes.

"What are you talking about?" I asked in exasperation.

"You know what I'm talking about. You're always with him and I think I know why. I just don't understand what you see in him and not in me? You don't think I'm as capable as him." Anakin started pacing.

"That's ridiculous and you know it. I don't find him any more capable than you. I need you with me. That's why I didn't want you to go! Other than the fact that we can't risk anything, but I can't do this without you." I said trying to calm him down. I didn't understand why he was so upset.

That seemed to cheer him up a little. "So you don't prefer him over me?" he asked with a smirk.

"I don't prefer either of you over the other." I told him with a sigh.

"I know that's not true."

"Well that's my answer. You can choose to believe it or not. You and him aren't rivals, you're friends, brothers. Stop comparing yourself to him. You both are incredible and I feel safer knowing that you two are around in this galaxy." I squeezed Anakin's hand lightly.

"You're right. I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me. I just-" he looked conflicted with himself and didn't finish his sentence. I didn't try to push him.

"It looks like Count Dooku isn't summoning us today. I wonder how long this is going to take?" I say changing the subject.

I walked over to the windows and saw the sun setting. This planet made me feel small like an ant. The building structures and creatures didn't help.

"This better not take too much longer. I'll go crazy if I have to stay in here all day tomorrow too." Anakin groaned.

"I have a couple books you can borrow." I offered and he groaned again.

"I guess it's better than nothing." he admitted.

I sat next to him on the couch again. "Tell me about some of your adventures with Obi Wan. It will make the time go by faster, and I want to know more about you two." I say quietly.

"Uh okay. Where to start?" he asked.

"What was your favorite mission?" I ask and laid my head on his shoulder so he could talk quietly.