Chapter 34.

"What's 'oh no'?" I asked panicking.

"He hit our hyperdrive, among other things. This is not good. We need to stop it as soon as possible or we could end up crashing into a planet at the speed of light. That wouldn't be good."

"How do we stop it?" I asked worriedly. I didn't want to have just escaped the clutches of Count Dooku to end up crushed to death on the planet of Naboo.

"I'm working on it. I have to try to land on some sort of planet otherwise we could be stuck in space for a long time and run out of fuel." Anakin explained grimly.

"Ready or not, we're coming out." Anakin told me. I clutched onto his arm worriedly as we came out of hyperspeed.

There was a planet coming up close, but I wasn't sure which one. Anakin made his way towards it.

"I really hope this place is inhabited." Anakin groaned.

As we entered the planet's atmosphere Anakin had a panicked expression.

"What's wrong?" I asked worriedly.

Anakin yelled in frustration and smacked the roof of the ship. "Can anything else go wrong? The ship isn't letting me slow down. We're going to crash."

I buried my face in my hands. It was one thing after the other. If I survived this, I don't think there would ever be a day where so much has happened.

"I'm sorry Anakin. It wasn't supposed to be like this. This isn't how you're supposed to die. I'm so sorry. It's all my fault." I cried.

Anakin looked at me and I couldn't tell his expression. We were both still in our disguises and it was hard to even see what he really looked like.

"This isn't your fault. Bad things just happened to have happened. No one knew what was in store. If it makes you feel any better, if we do die, I'm glad I'm  with you. Well, actually not really. I'd rather you didn't die." Anakin tried to smile and I tried as well.

"We have one more chance of survival though. Thankfully the oxygen levels are normal for us, so we don't need to worry about that. Our last chance is to jump out at the last second. Could we be really badly hurt in the process? Yes, but it's our only shot." Anakin said.

"I guess. What do I have to do?" I asked, prepared to jumping to my death.

"You just have to hold onto me. It'll be like that one building remember? Just this time the ship is crashing a lot faster." Anakin explained and I nodded nervously.

"We only have about a minute left. Are you ready?" Anakin asked standing up and pulling me against him.

"I guess. There's not much of a choice is there?" I said wrapping my arms around his neck and pressing against him tightly.

Anakin used the force to open up the entrance to the ship.

He picked me up and wrapped my legs around his waist.

Before I even knew what was happening, he kissed me passionately. "Just in case we don't make it." he explained before I could say anything.

He threw his headdress off as if he just realized he was still wearing it and then gave me a half-hearted smile before leaping out of the ship.

The ship crashed before we did, or at least that's what I heard.

There was a loud explosion and the force of that knocked us back even further.

We landed hard and I heard Anakin cry out in pain as we rolled for several feet, separating in the process. For the first time, I was glad to be wearing the extreme amount of robes, because I believed they softened the fall by quite a bit. My body still hurt like crazy though, but I didn't think anything was broken.