Chapter 57.

Mace Windu was one of the few waiting for me.

"What happened?" he asked coming towards me as I climbed out of the speeder.

"Ventress is here. Anakin sensed her presence and went after her. We found her trying to abduct this woman." I said gesturing to the woman that the Jedi were taking.

"Ventress is here on Coruscant?" Mace said wide eyed.

"Yes, I sent Obi Wan the coordinates of the building she was in." I said.

"Who's the woman?" Mace asked.

"I don't know, but she must be somebody important." I said and we rushed after the Jedi who had taken the woman.

"Master, this is Pantulla Sargull, Chancellor Sargull's daughter." One of the Jedi came over to Mace.

"Chancellor's daughter?" I repeated. I didn't even know he had a daughter.

"Ventress must have been trying to kidnap her and most likely hold her for ransom of some sort." Mace said grimly.

"I'm glad we caught her before that happened. Knowing Sargull, he probably would have given the Separatists anything they wanted." I said watching as Pantulla disappeared with the Jedi.

"Yes, it's a good thing you and Skywalker were there." Mace agreed.

"I'll go to her in the infirmary and make sure she's okay. I doubt she'll have any information, but I'd like to see nevertheless." I said and he nodded.

"I'll speak to Chancellor Sargull and explain what has happened. I'm sure he'll want to know." Mace Windu said.

I went to the med bay and found some medical droids checking her vital signs.

"How is she?" I asked the droid.

"She is alright. Her signs are good. Ventress must have used the force to render her unconscious. She'll be better in no time. She just needs to wait out this sleep." the droid explained to me.

"Do you think that will be long?" I asked.

"She'll most likely wake up in twenty minutes to an hour." the droid said and went back to checking on her.

"If you don't mind. I'll wait here until she wakes." I said and found a chair to sit in beside the cot Pantulla was on.

I tried not to worry about Anakin. Obi Wan should be with him now. There would be nothing to worry about. My stomach was still doing flip flops though.

After about a half hour Pantulla began to stir. She opened her eyes and looked around worriedly.

"Don't worry you're safe here. We're at the Jedi temple." I assured her, she relaxed when she saw me.

"You! You rescued me! You and that other Jedi!" she said breathlessly trying to sit up. She winced and held her head in pain, her blonde hair had come out of it's bun and was now a jumbled mess of curls.

"Stay down. It'll be okay. Can you tell me what happened?" I asked softly, gently pushing her back down to the bed.

"I'm not sure what happened. I was getting ready to leave to visit my father for lunch when she came in. She looks so scary. She held her hand out to me and the next thing I knew, everything was getting dark, but then you and that other Jedi burst through and saved me!" her voice was soft and had a high pitch. She looked at me gratefully. "Thank you so much!"

"Of course. At first I didn't know who you were or was Ventress would have wanted you, but I've just recently discovered that you are the chancellor's daughter. I'm pretty sure the Separatists we're going to hold you for ransom."