[10]

Danger zone

Danger zone

"Dagger 1, up and ready at catapult one." Phantom announced.

"Dagger spare, standing by." Hangman announces.

"Dagger 4, up and ready."

"Dagger 3, up and ready."

"Dagger 2, up and ready."

Phantom's engine roared, she signaled the crew as she was ready for take off. Then she took off and went off quick, flew up. She looked straight ahead moment then turned to look at the sky. "Hey Momma." Phantom muttered as tear slipped down her eye.

"Dagger 2 away." The woman called out as Cyclone, Warlock , Maverick, Flame and Fireball along with Hondo stared at the screen. Flame couldn't believe his daughter was leader and leading this mission. "Dagger 3 away." ... "Dagger 4 away."

Phantom looked straight ahead, her nerves were going through the roof at this moment but she knew they all got this. "Comanche, Dagger 1, standby check in?" Phantom called out. She listened closely, "Copy, Daggers descending below radar." Phantom responded as she began to descend her plane as the others followed. She looked back both directions then she looked forward again.

"Daggers now below radar, switching to E2 picture."  Fireball looked over at his brother who was worried. "Don't worry, she'll be fine, this is Phantom we are talking about." Fireball explained. "I know, I am proud of her." Flame said.

"Here we go, enemy territory up ahead out sixty seconds, Dagger 1." Phantom said. "The decision is yours." A woman the radio talked. "Copy." Phantom said as she took a moment, she then looked at Rooster then ahead. "Dagger attack." Phantom responded.

"Tomahawks airborne." "No turning back now." Warlock commented.

Phantom took a shaky breath and then shook her head. "Daggers, assume final formation." Phantom called out as she pulled ahead while Bob and Phoenix pulled in behind her, then Rooster got behind them as Payback and Fanboy got behind Rooster. "Holy shit this happening." Phantom muttered. "Daggers set proceeding to target, two minutes and thirty seconds... three... two...  one.. mark." Phantom called out. "Two mark." "Three mark." "Four mark."

Hondo looked at his pocket watch as Flame began to worry even more. He knows his daughter can do this, but her can't lose her like he lost Marion. So he walked out of the room.

"Going on." Phantom said. Phantom looked up and saw them. "First SAM sight overhead." Phantom told everyone. "Looks like we are clear on radar, Phantom." Phoenix said to her. "Let's not take it for granted." Phantom responded. "More SAMS."

"We got two minutes to target." Bob called out. "Copy, we're a few seconds behind, Rooster we gotta move." Payback called out to Rooster.When Phantom didn't hear Rooster respond, her heart dropped.

"30 seconds to tomahawk impact on enemy airstrip." Someone called out. "Dagger and commander, we are picking up two bandits." "Damn it." Phantom muttered. "Where the hell they come from?" Cyclone asked. "They're heading away from us, they don't know we're here." Rooster thinks out loud.