[12]

I'm alright, Dad

I'm alright, Dad

"Sir, we are picking up a signal from Phantom and Rooster, in a F-14?" Operator questioned. Flame lifted his head up, "That's our Girl." Fireball said with a smile hearing his niece and Rooster were fine.

"Radios out, No radar. Everything's dead back here." Rooster tells Phantom. She sighed. "What do I do?" He questions her. "Umm what did my uncle taught me... also your father did this too.... Try the UFH2 circuit breaker." She said. "I figure it out." He tells her. "I know you will." She said as she smiled a bit.

"Phantom, tally 2, 5 o'clock low." Rooster points out. She look over her shoulder and see two planes beneath them. "Shit." She muttered. "What do we do?" He asked. She sighed, "Just be cool, If they knew who we were, we'd be dead already." She replied as she put on her mask as the planes fly closer to them. "Just... wave and smile." Phantoms said as her nerves were on the rise.

Phantom waves to the plane next to her then the pilot does a sign she's never seen before. "What's that signal, what's he saying?" Rooster asks her. "Your guess is as good as mine." She replied. "What about that one, have any idea?" He asked her again. "Nope." She answered, then her eyes widen when she realize what that pilot is doing. "Shit, his wingman is moving into weapons envelope." Phantom said. "I don't we can outrun these guys, Iris." Rooster tells her. "Well... we can try, let's try not to die as well." Phantom responds to him. "Great plan...had the same thing in mind." Rooster tells her. Then took off then enemies followed

...............

"We're out of Flares, Phantom!" Rooster exclaimed. Then the plane took a hit, "No no no!" Phantom exclaimed. She panic then she a tear slipped down her cheek. "We are going to have to eject!" She exclaimed. "Iris!" Rooster exclaimed. "This is the only way!" Phantom said as she pulled up and sent them straight into the sky.

"Eject! Eject! Eject!" She yelled but Nothing happens. "Rooster, love, Pull the handle, eject!" She shouted. "It's not working!" He exclaimed. "Shit!" She said as she started to tear up some more. "Dad... mom.... and Goose...I'm sorry." She muttered. As she was about to accept the fate that was about to happen and bracing for impact. She looked up to see the plane in flames and a familiar voice over the radio.

"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. This is you savior speaking." She heard Hangman speak and was in relief. "Please fasten all seatbeats. Return all tray-tables to their locked and upright positions and prepare for landing." He finished. Rooster and Phantom giggled. "Oh my..." Phantom said. "Hey, Hangman, you look good." Rooster says. Phantom smiled a bit. "I am good, Rooster. I'm very good." He replied and smiled. "I'll see you both back on deck." He finished.

.........

The both of them have never been relief to be out of plane. Everyone runs out to them. Ruby and Falcon pulled her into a hug. "Oh my goodness, that was scary." Ruby said. "But you did it." Falcon said and Phantom smiled. Then she saw Phoenix, then Phoenix pulled her into a hug. "Oh my gosh, we thought we lost you." Phoenix said. "Nothing can't take me out." Phantom said with a smile. Then Hangman came up to her, he held out his hand but instead she pulled him into a hug. "I owe you my life there, thank you." Phantom said. He smiled at the woman. She saw the admirals, she smiled and nodded at them. 

Maverick comes up to her, pulls her into a hug. "I knew I made the right choice, your mother would be so proud of you, but I think there's someone who is happy to know your alive and well along with Rooster." Maverick said as he pulled away then pointed at her father. She made eye contact with him. Everyone moved for him to get back. Phantom's heart dropped when she noticed he had been crying. He looked at her for moment and then pulled her into a hug. He cried into her shoulder as Hangman and Bob patted his shoulder. A few tears slipped down Phantom's cheek, he pulled away and wiped those tears off of her cheeks.

"I'm alright, Dad." She assured him after seeing his cheeks were stained from where he was crying. "I know but today was scary that's for sure, I thought I lost you, I am so relief you are alright, the both of you...your mother would be so proud of you... I am so proud of you." Flame explained to his daughter, she smiled at him. "Thank you dad." She said with a smile and He pulled his daughter. She looked up and saw her uncle. "Proud of you Kiddo." Fireball said to her and she smiled. She held out her hand, he grabbed it and she pulled him into the hug.

.................

Everyone went to chat her father's and Uncle's ears off, she walked over to Rooster and smiled. "Your father is in relief, I bet." Rooster said and she nodded. "Indeed... Today was scary but it's something I won't forget." Phantom said. Then they made eye contact with each other, Then Phantom pressed her lips to his and he grabbed a hold of her waist. They both smiled and then heard whistling. She pulled away, buried her face into his chest. He chuckled at her, then pressed a kiss on the top of her head.

"This calls for a celebration!" Payback yells and everyone cheers. "Yep Oldman is invited as well." Hangman said which caused Fireball to looked at him. "How many damn times do I have to tell you all.... I am not an oldman." He said to him which caused both Rooster and Phantom to chuckled. "Keep thinking that." Payback said which caused Fireball to look at him. "Ok, that's enough teasing my uncle, He is an old man and just won't admit it." Phantom said. "IRIS!" He exclaimed and everyone chuckled.

..................