[9]

You got this

You got this

Two days really flown by, Phantom was really nervous. Both her father and uncle were present to watch this mission along with Maverick. Phantom was surprise to see Maverick was here. Before everyone gather up, Flame pulled his daughter to the side. Flame held onto her face and then he smiled. "Your mother would be so proud of you." He said to her. "Father, I will be back." Phantom assured her father. "I know, but it's scary." He replied. "I know, I am scared... we're all scared especially if the mission goes wrong and we fail." Phantom explained. Her father sighed and then made eye contact with his daughter. "You all got this, especially you my child, your a Sommers... don't forget that."  He said to her and she smiled. 

Falcon and Ruby came up to them, Flame smiled at them both. "You need a pep talk because you all got this, chosen or not, every single pilot in here is a badass." Flame said. "Thank you." Falcon said. "I wonder whose going to be mission leader?" Ruby asked. "I wouldn't be surprised if it's Phantom, what she did the other day was badass." Falcon said and Flame looked at his daughter. "I have to say, they would be crazy not to put Phantom on this mission." Ruby said. "I don't know something came to mind to Simpson." Falcon said. 

Fireball came up to the group, he took a look at his niece. "Wow... My niece is a badass and I just realize the other day." He said. "How was her flying?" Flame asked his brother. "Your flying is something, but you have seen nothing yet from this one." Fireball explained. Phantom smiled at her uncle. "Come on safely kid." He said to her. Phantom couldn't help but hug her uncle. "I promise."

.....................

"It's been an honor flying with you." Maverick said as he greets the class. Phantom knows fear is roaming the room right now, she looked over at her father and uncle then back ahead. "Each one of you represents the best of the best. This is a very specific mission. My choices are a reflection of that and nothing more." Maverick finishes.

"Choose your two foxtrot teams." Admiral Simpson orders. "Payback and Fanboy. Phoenix and Bob." He responded. "Your wingman." Phantom breath hitched at that very moment. "Rooster." Phantom knew he would be chosen. "Lastly your team leader." Which confused Phantom because she thought it would be Maverick. Maverick looked at Phantom. "Phantom." Flame looked at his daughter proudly. In front of her while Fireball smiled away, she can see Hangman's slight disappointment. "The rest of you will stand by on the carrier for any reserved role that's required." Admiral Bates instructed. "Dismissed." 

"Congrats Phantom." Coyote said to her as he gave her a fist bump. "Thanks Bro." She said as she gave him one back and he smiled at her. "Good luck out there, your a badass and I know you got this." Coyote said and she smiled back at him.

.........

They decided time to target would be two minutes and thirty seconds, she was a little relieved but still worried. Phantom was walking to her plane, she saw Hangman, she was expecting the snarky comment coming but instead he puts a hand on her shoulder. "Give em' hell,  Phantom!" He tells her. She notices a hint of worry in his voice. "You know it!" She exclaimed. She continued walking then she saw Falcon and Ruby.

"Look at our Phantom go." Falcon said and Phantom smiled at her. "You all got this, come back in one piece." Ruby said to her as they pulled Phantom into a hug. "I promise." She tells them. Phantom parts ways with them and she runs into Rooster.

"Leader huh?" Rooster question. "My wingman." she replied. He pulled her into a hug, "I am so damn proud of you." He said as he held her. She pulled away, "Just stay safe out there." She tells him. "I should say that to you, but I will." He said as he then pressed a kiss on the top of her head. She looked over and saw Maverick. "There's Maverick." Phantom said as Rooster looked were she was looking. Rooster grabbed her hand and they walked over.

"Maverick!' Both Phantom and Rooster called out which he looked over at them. "I uh.." Rooster said then becoming speechless not knowing what to say, Phantom had no words to say. Then they call everyone to their planes. "Three of us... we'll talk, when you two get back." Maverick said to the both of them. They both nodded. As they both started to walk away, "Bradley and Iris!" Maverick called out which caused them to both look back at him. "You two got this!" He called out and they nodded.

As they came up to Rooster's plane, Rooster pressed a kiss to Phantom's knuckles. "Good luck Darling." He said to her. She smiled at him. "You too, My love." She said as they parted ways then she walked to her plane. She saluted before she hopped into her plane.

She sighed as she made sure everything was fine. "You alright Phantom?" Hondo asked her. She nodded. "Yeah, but stressed... I hope everything goes well." She replied. "They have you as leader... it will go will Phantom, how's your father handling this?" He asked her. "He's proud of me but he's scared. Just make sure he doesn't lose his marbles....please." Phantom said. "Of course, good luck out there." He said as he patted her shoulder leaving her alone.

"You got this Phantom." She muttered to herself.

.......................