Chapter 6 : Whipped Cream

AMARA'S POV

I barely remember any of last night, I felt drowsy, Elias came home, we talked and we... wait what happened?

I rub my eyes and feel sore all over my body. I slowly open my eyes and realize the nightmare I had is actually my reality. I'm still in this huge fancy room...married. I look to my right to see Elias, asleep. He's shirtless revealing his back muscles. I sit up and feel cold. All my memories come pouring back. We...kissed. Actually we did more than that. Oh my god why would I even let that happen.

Elias shuffles to face me, "mmmh babe you're awake," he groans. He looks like a happy child who got a lolli pop. I turn red and look away. I'm pressing the blankets against my body to cover me. I look around the room to spot my clothes. Of course they're across on the other side. I grab the covers on top of the blanket and wrap that around my self. I jump off the bed, grab my clothes and hurry to the bathroom.

I sit on the floor, why did this have to happen to me. Now his ego is definitely boosted. I take a quick shower using the fancy shampoos, then put on my clothes. I slowly step out to see Elias gone, thank god, I would not be able to face him. I go to my closet to pick out an outfit. I'm gonna go with a mauve Jilbab. Good thing there's a hair dryer on the dresser because I wouldn't be able to tie my wet hair.

I'm starving. Breakfast has always been my favourite meal of the day. I notice the door a little open. Did they forget to lock it? I go outside to explore. There are so many plants, Mirrors and painting. The scent of faint pancakes catches my attention. I follow it and end up in an huge kitchen. Definitely my dream kitchen, I love the colour way. "Morning." I say to Agnus. The least I can do is be polite to her, honestly, she's just doing her job and is becoming my favourite person here.

"Good morning dear, you are just in time for pancakes. Would you like any specific toppings on them?"

"Um I don't mind anything."

"Okay honey, I'm just going to head out to the back garden to get fresh berries."

"Wait where's Elias?"

"Oh him? He's working out in the basement gym, he usually works out earlier but got late today for some reason, do you happen to know why?"

"Me? Oh um nope I have no idea." I smile.

"Okay then, I'm going to go get those berries." She leaves.

I spin side to side on the island stool I'm sitting on. I look at the toppings on the counter. Mini chocolate chips and whipped cream, yum. I eat a handful of chocolate chips and put whipped cream into my mouth.

Suddenly, two hands hold the counter from both sides from behind me. My heart skips a beat as I slowly swallow my whipped cream. My stool is slowly spun around. It's Elias. Not to mention, messy hair shirtless Elias, who is a little to close in my bubble. Man, his tattoos down his arm make him even more hot dammit. He raises his thumb to the corner of my mouth and I notice he takes off whipped cream that must've gotten there and he licks his finger. My heart is in my throat at this point.

"Um I...need water." I say trying to make him get away.

He completely ignores what I say, "you don't need to wear this around me," he says about my jilbab, "it's not like I haven't seen everything already." He smirks.

This little rat has me turning bright red. I do not want to be reminded of last nights events, "th-that was a mistake." I mumble out embarrassed.

"Really...didn't seem like a mistake to me while you were making this on me," he points to his neck, it's a hickey. No way I did that. My eyes widen in shock. "Yeah I mean, it's not as bad as the two I left on you," he winks as he leaves throwing his towel over his shoulder. He did not. Oh my god. What the heck was I thinking.

He turns around, "oh and I was gonna tell you, I'm gonna be really busy the next few weeks, so you won't see me around. But there's a lot going on with the businesses, but I'll be back." And with that, he leaves. Good. I need some time away from him.

"I've got the fresh berries- dear are you okay? You look a little surprised?"

"I-I'm fine," I lie as I am clearly not. She serves me the pancakes which I devour. Ya Allah please help me lower his ego.

A few weeks pass as I continue my routine, sleep, wake up, pray, explore the mansion, eat. It's quite relaxing.

___________________

Btw, Elias regularly does go on his urgent business trips for weeks at a time, and this time he does again because he realizes he should give Amara a couple weeks to cool off and get used to the place without him being there. As much as he is dying to be around her, he does this for her.

They're getting a little cozy, or are they?