Chapter 13 : Milkshake

"Whats goin on here?" Elias asks in a firm tone.

"I was- just waiting for you-."

"Zayn. Why are you talking to my wife."

Zayn looks surprised. "Oh, I..."

"I know Zayn from before, he's a family friend." I reply for him.

"Mhm, and that gives you the right to talk to her freely?" Elias angrily walks up to Zayn.

I go in between them, placing a hand on Elias's chest. "Elias. I was just asking him what he was doing here. He didn't do anything."

"You're fired Zayn. Get out of my sight!"

I see Zayn's  heartbroken face. "Elias! I said it wasn't his fault okay? Don't fire him. Punish me instead or something!" He finally looks into my eyes, "Please let him be." I see Elias become less tense.

"Only for you...let's go." Elias leaves to open the car door for me. Man we are probably even more late for my appointment now. I take one last look at Zayn. My heart twitches. Funny how once in my life I wanted to marry that guy.

We're on our way to the hospital in tense silence. "Punish you instead huh?" I can hear a tint of mischief in his voice.

He pauses, "I missed you Amara."

"That's nice..." I cant think of anything else to say.

"How were you?"

"Good. Perfect."

"Without me.." Uh.

To be honest, I did kind of miss the way he was. The constant flirting and intimidation. And the feeling of safety. What shall I do with myself.

We arrive at the hospital.

-

"Looks like the baby's perfectly healthy." The doctor smiles as she's doing on ultra sound of my stomach. I just feel Elias's gaze at my side. "You guys better start thinking of a name for your baby boy, he can be out any week now."

I smile, "Don't worry I've been thinking for a while now."

"All first time mothers do!" She laughs. "You must have been so happy when you found out."

I press my lips, but don't want to make muslims look bad so I smile, "Yeah.."

The doctor leaves as I adjust my jilbab and we head out.

"Where're we going?" I realize we're on an unfamiliar road.

"You'll see"

We pull into a milkshake place drive thru.
"What would you like?"

"Whatever you want" I reply since Ive never been here.

"2 oreo milkshakes please."

We collect our drinks and Elias drives to a near by field.

I cant help but smile at the view. "Cmon." Elias offers a hand because the field is steep. I accept as we run up the field.

The wildflowers are beautiful. We make it to the top of the hill which gives a view of the city and the mountains behind. It's all so perfect. Elias even decided to bring a little sheet for us to sit on, almost as if he had this planed out. *does The Rock eye brow lift face*

"The sunsets beautiful." I say in awe staring at the sky.

"It really is..." I can hear him breath. I look towards him and notice that he isn't even looking at the sunset. He's been staring at me the whole time. My ears heat up and I pretend I'm busy playing with the flowers.