Chapter 18 : Cell

I brush through my hair while Elias stares at me as he lays on the bed. I pretend I don't notice even though my bright red cheeks say other wise.

I finally got Yusuf to sleep and prayed Isha with Elias. And right after that we had a tickle fight which wasn't fair because he isn't ticklish, but he did try his best to be gentle.

Anyway, I jump into bed next to him...more like half on top of him, but it doesn't faze him since he's huge compared to me. He plays with my hair as I notice his phone next to him. I miss when I had my own phone. I had left it home the day I met Elias.

"I want a phone." I state as we put our palms together comparing sizes.

"You can use mine."

"No I want my own."

"I'll see." Bruh.

I take his phone, "For now I'll use yours though." I unlock it with his face ID.  He barely has any apps. I casually go through his messages and see that it's all guys, good. I go through his photos and see that their all screenshots of files or papers. Boring. I then notice a photo of me at the hospital when Yusuf was born. He was laying on my chest as I looked down at him.

"I never knew you took this." I look up at Elias.

"Well I had to take a photo of the reason I live." He kisses my forehead. I throw the phone to the side.

I push his hair back out of his forehead with both of my hands as I look down at him. I giggle as I then pinch his cheeks.

He stares at me for a moment before gently holding my chin to kiss me, and I mean really kiss me.

I'm on cloud 9 as he flips me over with one hand on the pillow next to me, and the other on the side of my face. He's gorgeous.

-

I stretch and reach my arm next to me to feel Elias. But there's nothing there. I slowly open my eyes to the sunlight seeping through the window. Where is he.

I freshen up, get changed, and head straight to the nursery. I notice that Yusuf isn't there either. At this point I am slightly concerned as to where they are. I hear a baby laughing from a distance. So I follow the sound down the stairs.

There is a tiny Mercedes with Yusuf strapped into it, driving around the living room. "What the?" I then see Elias following it with a remote controller, also laughing. I really do live with children. "Elias what are you doing?"

"Oh good morning babe." He comes to kiss me on the cheek while making sure to keep an eye on Yusuf. "Isn't this the best thing ever. I ordered a tiny car so he can twin with me." He says proudly.

I cant even be mad at this point. It's cute how he's so happy about something. Especially since Yusuf cant stop giggling out of joy.

"Hey Mar?"

"Yeah?"

"Did you know that I love you." He says like an excited little boy.

"You did make that pretty clear actually." I smile.

"Last night?" He asks mischievously.

"No!" I almost choke remembering what we did last night. "I mean in like, uh, general." I turn to walk away out of embarrassment.

"I'm kidding." He stops me. "But actually I needed to tell you something. So there's a team I usually play hockey with. It's a muslim organization. But there's a huge tournament tonight, I'd love if you came."

That's actually so cool. Imagine Elias in hockey gear, damn. "I'd love to."

"Good. Now Ill definitely play better with you watching. It's a pretty important game tonight."