Chapter Seven (7)

Chapter Seven:

I stood in front of the massive wood double doors and just froze there. My feet wouldn't move any farther. I had lived in the same city since I'd been born, so I was always with the same people. Now, everything would be new and foreign. “Come on, Alex. I'm right here,” Olivia nudged me from behind.

“I'm skipping . . . tell the office I'm sick,” I told her twisting myself around.

“Oh, fuck no. You're going through those doors. Let's go,” she stated. With that, she snatched my arm and dragged me into the school. The students were moving around like an indoor rush hour. “Lemme see your schedule,” she said extending her hand. I reached inside my shirt and got my paper from inside my bra. Olivia gave me a puzzled look and cautiously took the paper from me. We both scanned me.

Period 1: Algebra 2; Room 321

Period 2: Family Consumer Sciences; Room 9T

Period 3: Gym

Period 4: Lunch

Period 5: Study Hall

Period 6: English; Room 121

Period 7: History; Room 4

Period 8: Biology; Room 90

“Unlucky schedule, your classes are all over the place. The only places you'd be early is from gym to lunch. But you're in my lunch. You should sit with us, Daniel will be there.” she waggled her eyebrows at the last part. I ignored her.

“Where's room 321?” I asked.

“You're in the first floor. You better sneak on the elevator and go to the third floor. From the elevator go left, you'll find it in no time.” she told me.

“Thanks!” I said, leaving her and pushing my way through the thick crowd of kids. There was a teacher in front of the elevators, guarding it. Then a girl in a wheelchair came up and he let her past. It was a handicapped elevator. I checked my phone to see if I had enough time. I had about four minutes for this to work out.

I slipped into the nearest girls bathroom and wrapped my ankle with tissue paper. The good thing was that it was some thick, beige colored tissue so it would be more believable. I covered up the rip lines and limped back to the elevator doors.

“Can I help you?” the teacher asked me.

“My ankle is sprained and I need to get to my class,” I told him, feigning pain.

“And who are you?” he asked, his eyes roaming my body and settling on my chest. Creep.

“Alex Bolton, can I go please?”

He stepped to the side to let me go. “Thank you,” I cooed. I pressed the button to the second floor and as the doors closed I checked my phone again. I had a minute to get my class. The elevator halted to a stop and the doors opened slowly. I immediately dropped my crippled act and ran out.