Chapter Twenty-Six (26)

Chapter Twenty-Six:

"Alex! Alexandra wake up!" I heard a panicked, yet excited voice yell at me. This, of course, woke me up immediately. Wiping my eyes I opened my tired, baggy eyes slowly to see uncle Sam shuffling to button a dress shirt in my doorway. I looked at him confused.

"Meghan's water broke and I'm taking her to the hospital. There isn't much time for you to get dressed so we're leaving without you. I should be back tomorrow night. I left forty dollars on the table in case you want delivery. No wild parties while I'm gone and--" he began to say.

"SAM!" Meghan's voice shrieked, she sounded irritated as well as in pain. Sam finished buttoning his shirt and said a quick good bye to me while running down the stairs. I'm surprised that he didn't fall down at his step, his legs were obviously unsteady at the moment. I can't blame them though, this was their first child and a great milestone in their lives.

I groggily turned to look at the digital clock on my bed table as I listened to the car drive off outside. 4:10 A.M. the clock read. I groaned and began to pass a lazy arm through my hair before getting up and heading downstairs. It was pretty obvious I couldn't fall asleep again. I went straight into the kitchen and opened the fridge, weighing my breakfast opinions. I could easily pour milk into a bowl and enjoy cereal orI could go to the Dunkin Doughnuts near the house and order a nice breakfast sandwich.

I decided to, being the very lazy bum I am, walk across two blocks and have breakfast prepared for me rather than build it myself. I walked up the stairs again to take a quick shower and dressed in a plain long-sleeved red shirt with gray sweatpants. Then I picked up my thin leather jacket and headed out the door. White frost coated the grass on the front houses and the cold air nipped my face, turning my nose red.

I stepped through the glass double doors of the doughnut inspired restaurant and was instantly hit by the comfortable warmth that hugged me. I walked up to the counter and scanned the menu. Made up with my mind I looked at the twenty-something looking man at the counter who seemed to be staring at me uninterested.

"I'll take a sausage, cheese, and egg sandwich."

"On what? We have bagels, croissants, biscuits, english muffins--" he droned on.

"Croissant." I said interrupting him. He looked at me with boredom as he punched some buttons on the cash register.

"Drink?"

"Frozen Iced Tea."

"$4.85" he extended his hand and I just stared at it.

"I like to pay after I get my food." he just sighed and went to the back of the room. There was only about 3 people with me, already biting into their food and ignoring me completely. I began to lay my back against the counter and swung my head back and forth, waiting for my food now. The man came back holding a brown Dunkin Doughnuts bag and extending his hand again to collect my money.

Digging in my pocket I handed him the exact change and in return the man gave me my bag. Greedily I took the bag and walked out the door, inhaling the sweet smell of my sandwich in the bag. I opened the door to the house and stepped inside, locking the door and going to the living. I kicked my boots off and put my feet up while turning on the TV.

I settled with watching Family Guy while I hungerily dug into my sandwich. I lost time and before I knew it an hour had passed and I watched two episodes of Family Guy and Full House was coming on. Now this would be the time where I'm like HOLY SHIT! I GOTTA GET READY! but since no one was home I guessed I could skip a day.

* * * * * *

I was wrong. Terribly wrong. I shouldn't have skipped the day because I was bored out my mind hours later. Now I can't speak for other people but when PBS baby shows in the morning are the most entertaining thing on TV I'd call that a fail. Bored, I walked out the house and began to unconsciously walk toward the school.

I went to the football field and sat there, not caring if I got caught. I heard rustling in the leaves below me and my heart spiked. I looked below me, expecting a teacher to be glaring at me but instead I saw a boy leaning against the bleachers and taking a smoke. I squinted and pulled my head closer so I could see who the person was. It was Liam, but he didn't notice me just continued smoking.

I knocked on the seat next to me. Jumping a bit, Liam looked up at me with his eyes bulged wide. When he saw it was me, though, he rolled his eyes and looked down again putting the lighter in front of his cigarette. "Can I have one?" I asked making him look back up at me.

"Why would I give you one? So you can rat me out?" he scoffed while blowing smoke into my face.

"Yeah, because snitching on you while I'm skipping school sounds really smart. Get myself in trouble too," I said sarcastically.

He stared at me for a while before waving me down. I smiled and ran down the bleachers and turned the corner so I was under them. He gave me an amused expression while handing me a cigar.

"What?" I asked, reaching over for his lighter.

"I didn't know you smoked. You don't look like the type. You don't exactly look like a goody-two-shoes but you definatley don't look like the smoking type."

"Thanks. I think."

He tilted his head up a bit before placing it down a bit.

"So, if you're skipping school why are you here?" he asked without meeting my face. I shrugged and began playing with the loose parts of my sweatpants. 

"There was nothing else to do." 

"Understandable. So answer me this. Why does Catherine keep telling me this useless shit about you and Keith. She used to gush to Gina but she went off with the cops and she can't exactly tell Olivia because that'd be stupid. It's not because I care, because I really don't but I'm curious." he said. It was the longest thing I ever heard him say. Without thinking, maybe because the cigarette smoke got to my head, I began spilling my entire story to Liam.

When I finished I looked back up and saw Liam staring at me with a void look. When he saw me he switched it to a look of concern. "So it seems to me that you like him and he likes you." 

"No we don't," I said, turning my head away. Liam looked at me intently before looking off at the distance.

"Alex. I'll tell you once and if you tell anyone I told you this I'll hunt you down. If you have feelings for him, follow them. You'll never get a second chance."

I nodded. "Thanks Liam," I said smiling and starting to stand up. I threw my cigarette away and walked toward my house again. I knew what my decision was.

Ok while I was typing Alex's thoughts about being late for school or whatever it is I said I pondered something. Why do people say, "Damn, s/he's sexy as shit." I mean how do you call poop sexy? After I'm finished on the tiolet I don't go "Damn that is a sexy piece of crap I produced." Srry if I creeped u guys out it was on my chest. VOTE, COMMENT, FAN. 20 votes :)