Chapter Eighteen (18)

Chapter Eighteen:

"And so because x-squared and 6x both have X, you can divide by the variable--" my math teacher, Mr. Carlton droned. I was supposed to be taking notes on the section to understand it on my own but I figured I'd find out how do it when I have homework and drew pictures instead. When I finally noticed what I was doing I realized I had drawn in giant bubble letters: Alex + ? = 4ever?

I sighed and put down the pencil, flipped the page, and finally started taking notes. I felt something moist hit the back of my neck and my hand trailed my neck and felt a small balled up piece of paper. Spitball. I turned around to see Keith chuckling silently to himself, while pretending to take notes.

I pressed the ball against my thumb and pressed my thumb on Keith's forehead. To make sure it stayed I smacked his forehead. "What the hell?" he asked, rubbing the ball off his forehead.

"You threw a spitball at me!"

"No, I didn't!" 

"Yes, you did."

We glared at each other for a long time, neither of us blinking or backing down. Mr. Carlton gave a twirl signal with his hands and I broke my eyes away from Keith to look back at the board. "As I was saying, if you simply x plus 2 over 25x and 16 it's the difference of two perfect square and would turn out--" I didn't hear the rest again because now I felt a hand snake down the rim of my skirt and touch my butt.

Instantly, I squealed and jumped up glaring at Keith. "Is there a problem Ms. Bolton?" the teacher said, glaring at me again, the class looked at me expectantly. 

"I thought I saw a mouse sir." I lied.

"Impossible, this school is so clean you can eat off the floor. Any more disrupts and you'll be sent to the principal's office? Do you hear me?" he asked, obviously annoyed. I nodded sheepishly and sat down on my desk before giving Keith a death glare. I couldn't make another outburst again, I didn't want to have another two week detention again.

I began to start copying down problems from my textbook when I felt a hand stroke my waist. As quiet as possible I tried to push his hand away but his hand wouldn't budge. He was trying to get me in trouble. I looked at the clock, just five more minutes. "I forgot how good your body feels, Alex." Keith whispered in my ear, sending whispers down my back.

"Get off me you pervert," I hissed, slightly looking back at him and taking another try at removing his hand. Again my efforts were in vain. He slid his hand down to play with the belt loop on my plaid skirt. 

"Even with that conservative uniform you look hot," he said lingering at my belt loop. I looked up at the clock hopefully and smiled when I saw there was only a few seconds remaining. He kept sliding his hand up and down my waist, blowing my anger up and just as I slapped his hand the bell rung and ran out the class before Mr. Carlton could call me out.

When I reached my locker I put my books against my chest to calm down from the heavy running I'd just done. There was still soft tingles on my flat stomach where Keith's fingers had roamed. I turned around slowly and twisted my lock to access my locker. "Alex what's the rush? You're grabbing your books like your life will end if you don't get it in time," Catherine smiled, suddenly standing next to my locker. 

I smiled uneasily and took my time now, honestly I was running from the fear of Mr. Carlton chasing after me, I was positive he saw the slap. But also because I didn't want to see Keith, it was abnormal how my body reacted to his touch, like it longed more but my right state of mind didn't.

"What's going on Cat?" I asked her, pushing the strands of my hair out my eyes.

"So, you know Joshua? The really hot class president?" she asked me, her eyes glazing over. I nodded.

"He asked me out on a date! It was in English, I dropped my pencil and he picked it up with this dazzling smile and told me as a thank-you for that I had to go on a date with him. It's like the world stopped, I couldn't say yes fast enough!" she said enthusiastically. I smiled genuinely at her.

"That is so sweet! What are you going to wear?"

"Oh, you'll just have to see. Meet me tonight at my dorm and I'll be there wearing my date attire." I shrugged and nodded.

During lunchtime, since I'd yet lost another table, courtesy of Keith, I decided to go off campus to eat lunch. I'd seen a McDonald's near the school somewhere. When I was out of the school I was greeted instantly by Jeremiah, the spiky haired kid I sat with yesterday.

"Where are you sneaking off to?"

"McDonald's, I wanna eat somewhere other than the cafeteria."

"I should join you, let's go," he said, inviting himself in my lunch schedule. I didn't care though, better than to eat alone. It took us exactly 15 minutes to walk to McDonald's. Jeremiah informed me we'd have to leave 15 minutes early after we finished eating. I ordered a Southern Style Chicken sandwich with medium fries, Jeremiah ordered a Big Mac and large fries.

After I finished eating I looked up to see Jeremiah staring at me intently. Cautiously, I touched my face to make sure there wasn't anything on there before asking what was wrong. He shook his head and got up extending his hand so I can take it.

I got up with him and throughout the walk back to the campus Jeremiah insisted on informing me of his life by talking non-stop. When we got to the school he turned to face me.

"Thanks for that Alex, I really enjoyed the lunch," he said giving me a quick peck on the lips and walking away happily. I smiled to myself softly and turned to sit on the bench. My stomach jumped a bit when I realized someone was on the bench when I focused on them I relaxed seeing it was Keith.

He looked angry. "Cat was looking for you. She told me to go outside, and I do. And you're kissing a random guy."

"What? You're not even my boyfriend, nor will you ever be so I don't know why your panties' are in a bunch."

"It's disrespectful to kiss a guy in front of your ex-boyfriend."

"It's disrespectful to have sex with a girl in front of your current girlfriend. Fuck you! I'm leaving!" I said, putting my hand up to leave dramatically. I began to cross the street to go to my dorm, I could skip study hall for the time being. Plus, I needed to call Elaine. 

"Alex!" Keith called, running up to me. I rolled my eyes again to look back at him. He caught up and pushed me so hard I slammed into the lightpole and went rolling on the sidewalk. I sat up, pissed until I saw the slow- motion image in front of me. A car slammed into Keith's body and sent him flying a few feet away. He laid there. Motionless.

So, I started a new story called "His Fake Wife" I'd really like it if you guys check it out and give me your opinions :) thank you