Chapter 13

"Hey Cam, how are you doing?" Anton asked me as Ty and I followed him to a room. I didn't answer, earning a nudge from Ty. I glared at him, before replying to Anton.
"Just great, thanks." I said, Anton looking back at me with a chuckle.
"You sound happy," Anton said with a grin.
After the walk down the torturous hallway we had arrived to the torture room. I reluctantly followed my brother and his friend into the room, leaning against the wall.
"You ready Cam?" Anton asked, and I shook my head with a glare.
"Cam..." Ty sighed. "Please don't make this difficult." I transferred my gaze back to my brother, holding eye contact.
"Well I'm sorry this isn't easy for me! I know it's stupid but I don't like people poking around in my mouth!" I yelled at him.
"Cam..." Ty said, warning me. "Please get into the chair." I teared up the slightest, earning a sympathetic look from Anton.
"It's okay Cam, you can take your time." Anton said, but with the look Tyler had on his face I knew I needed to just get it over with. I slowly walked over to the torture chair and sat down, while fiddling with my fingers anxiously.
"That's great Cam, I'm just gonna lean the chair back now, nothing to worry about." Anton said, handing me headphones and the tv remote. Tyler sat down on a stool next to me, and Anton started to prep his scary dentist stuff.
"Alright Cam, I'm ready to start if you are?" Said Anton, and I shook my head.
"I don't want braces..." I said quietly, a tear rolling down my cheek.
"Oh Cammy," said Ty. "I know you don't, no one does but it'll be so worth it in the end. You have nothing to worry about love." He pulled me into a hug and I held onto him for comfort. He guided me back into the chair and held my hand to comfort me.
"Okay Cam, if you could just open for me?" Anton asked, and I shot him a weary glance. "You can trust me Cam, I promise. I won't hurt you." I sighed, but opened my mouth slowly. Anton reached for a mouth prop and I snapped my mouth shut, looking at him in panic.
"It's alright Cam, the mouth prop is just to keep your lips and checks from touching your teeth while I'm working." He said.
"So can you open again Cam?" I reluctantly opened my mouth again, letting Anton slip in the mouth prop. I hated relinquishing control, but I could tell that both Tyler and Anton would become annoyed if I kept drawing out this process.
"Alright Cam, I'm just going to give your teeth a quick polish, yeah?" Anton said and I shrugged, it wasn't like I could do anything about it. Anton quickly cleaned the surfaces of my teeth, before switching out his tools for syringes filled with who knows what.
I looked at Tyler anxiously, but he rubbed my hand in reassurance.
"This is just glue Cam." Anton explained. "I'm going to start attaching the brackets to your teeth now, this is the part that can take a while. Feel free to watch tv or listen to music." I flipped the tv on, looking for something good to watch. I ended up on the food network, as nothing else was on.
Every so often I could feel Anton pressing the brackets onto my teeth, but other than that it wasn't too bad. Whenever I would get anxious Ty was there to comfort me, which was often. After what felt like forever, Anton slipped the mouth prop out and I let out a sigh of relief. The brackets felt uncomfortable against my cheeks, and I grimaced.
"I know it doesn't feel the nicest Cam, but you'll get used to it." Anton reassured me, but I didn't believe him. He was an orthodontist, therefore should not be trusted.
"Not too bad, yeah?" Ty asked and I shrugged.
"It scratches my cheeks." I whined. Both Tyler and Anton chuckled and Ty messed with my hair.
"I know Cammy, trust me I know." Ty said. "But it gets more comfortable over time." I squirmed in the chair, anxious to leave and Anton could tell.
"Okay Cam, we're almost done here." He said. "I just need to secure your wires and springs." I groaned.
"That sounds like it's gonna hurttt." I whined, earning another laugh.
"It may be uncomfortable Cam, but it shouldn't hurt to much." Anton said, smiling behind his mask. As much as I hated to admit it, Anton was growing on me.
"Alrighty Cam, open please." Anton asked politely, positioning the wires on my teeth.
"What colour would you like Cam?" Anton asked.
"Blue." My reply was muffled from his hands in my mouth, but Anton seemed to understand what I said. He picked up the blue ties and began securing the wires to my teeth. I could feel the pressure in all of my teeth and I let out a whine of pain.
"I know it's uncomfortable Cam, I'm almost done." Anton said as he finished securing the wires in place.
"One more thing Cam, just springs left. After that you can go home."
I reluctantly opened my mouth again, letting Anton mess around with all the metal in my mouth. After ten minutes he seemed satisfied with his work, removing his gloves and mask and throwing them away.
"Almost done Cam, you're doing amazing. Once more quick check." Anton praised me as he guided my mouth open again with his mirror admiring his handiwork.
"Bite down for me Cam." He instructed me, focusing on my teeth. "Okay Cam, you are all done!" Anton said with a smile, earning a groan from me.
I sat up, leaning onto Tyler who pulled me into a hug.
"You did so well Cam, I'm proud of you." Tyler said with a smile. I groaned and he guided my head out of his chest, gently holding my chin.
"Come on Cam, give me a big smile!" He said with an easy smile and I grimaced.
He chuckled and I groaned again.
"It hurtsss." I exclaimed, both Anton and Tyler laughing.
"I know Cammy, we'll get you some Advil when you get home." Tyler said, standing up while also pulling me up.
"Thank you so much bro, she seems to like you." Tyler said to Anton, going in for a bro hug. Anton returned the gesture and I could see how strong their friendship was.
"Actually Ant, we're having a game night tonight, wanna join?" Tyler asked.
"Noooo..." I whined, making Anton grin.
"Shush Cam." Tyler said to me. "So you in?" He asked Anton.
"Sure I'm down." Anton said. "I'll be over in a couple hours."
"Great bro, I'll see you soon." Tyler said, and we left the office.

"See, that wasn't so bad, was it Cam?" Tyler asked me once we were in the car.
"It hurtsssss." I whined. "And it feels weird."
"Yeah I know Cam but it'll get better."
"Tyyyyyy," I said, "Why'd you invite Anton?" I asked
"Because he's my friend Cam," Tyler explained. "And don't think you have me fooled Cam, I know you like him to." He said with a smirk, as we pulled into the driveway.
"Are you ready to face them?" Tyler asked, chuckling.
"Do I have tooo?" I asked, and Tyler nodded. I sighed and exited the vehicle, walking up to the door. As we entered our house, our brothers swarmed us and I immediately regretted returning home, as I wasn't in the mood to deal with Finn and the rest of them.

I'm sorry for the long wait guys, life happened
As always, drop comments!